Vertigo vs. Raiders of the Lost Ark

8 comments

6 comments

Vertigo may be the new "Greatest Film of All Time" (according to the Sight & Sound poll, anyway), but I'll take Raiders of the Lost Ark every time.

Raiders.

Vertigo over Spielberg's best.

Raiders is too damn a good for Hitchcock's so called best. Verigo underwhelmed me whereas Raiders,simply didn't. A more important and better achievement in cinema.

Raiders of the Lost Ark easy. Vertigo is Hitchcock's best, although I prefer Rear Window and Rebecca.

I still don't get the fascination with Raiders. Vertigo is a much better film in every regard except CGI.

I really like "Raiders of the Lost Ark", but I've always thought it was a little bit overrated. "Vertigo" on the other hand totally deserves the accolades it gets in my opinion. It's definitely Hitchcock's best, and it's my 4th favourite film of all time!

Raiders by smash.

Wow MasterofMovies, your taste in Hitchcock films constantly changes huh? Nevertheless, I now love Vertigo and it ranks high up on my all time favorites and high up on my favorite Hitchcock films (It's now 3rd I believe) but Raiders is still on another level!

Vertigo is my favourite Hitchcock film, whereas Raiders is one of my favourite films of all time.

Hitchcock rarely dissapoints. I still go with Raiders though, so iconic.

Vertigo is the better film (and it is one of my favorites as well), but Raiders has that nostalgia going for it. Team Indy for me.

This matchup is far closer now than it ever seems. Both top 10, Raiders gets the edge.

vertigo

Raiders is more fun to watch (Knowing that most who watch Vertigo are too dumb or close minded to fully appreciate/understand Vertigo)but Vertigo is unique and one of the greatest Detective Mystery film ever and one of cinema's best-not for the kiddie's type of film!

Close call, but Vertigo takes this one

Raiders wins easily, Vertigo was great but Birds was better than it.