Vertigo vs. Eyes Wide Shut

5 comments

2 comments

The most personal films of both directors. I already know that I'll be in the minority here, but I liked Eyes Wide Shut just a bit more. Nothing against Vertigo, though.

I completely agree with you! As much as I love Vertigo, I feel like Eyes Wide Shut takes the depth, layers and general intrigue of Vertigo to the next level. Both phenomenal films.

Yeah Vertigo is incredible, but I too prefer Eyes Wide Shut.

I'll join the grain as well.

You all must be voting with your eyes wide shut. Vertigo wins easily.

I've only seen EWS once, but it was one of the most harrowing movies I had ever seen. And still remains too. Absolutely brilliant, but I'm with Vertigo here. A bit surprised with the results so far.

Hitchcock's best vs Kubrick's third best! Both have brilliant performances from the lead, masterful directing and symbolism that you can analyse for days! I will forever defend Eyes Wide Shut! It's a great character piece that is very deep and meaningful! Vertigo is a great thriller that is structurally smart and brilliant. What It comes down to here is how much of an impression it left afterwards, and even that is hard to decide! I couldn't sleep the night after watching Vertigo but I did with Eyes Wide Shut so there's your answer...

both are in my top 20 right now, but i guess i prefer eyes wide shut

Two great films. Vertigo gets the edge.

I love vertigo but eyes wide shut is just too good.