Superbad vs. Iron Man

3 comments

10 comments

on 7/30/2009

Funny to think that someday these will be the classics.

on 7/30/2009

Both are pretty over hyped films that really aren't anywhere near as good as people say, in the end superbad was better.

on 11/27/2009

I think Superbad lived up to its potential. That is, it was well executed. I can't really speak to the hype. I liked Iron Man but it could have done much more; which might be achieved as a franchise.

on 12/3/2009

funny vs bad ass

JRM
JRM

on 12/15/2009

I didn't think Superbad was that funny, to be honest. Iron Man actually had me laughing more--plus its visuals were incredible.

on 2/15/2010

Superbad is one of the funniest comedies i've ever seen but iron man is a great film also.

on 7/10/2010

Superbad is a sweet, funny and warm film that I really like, but Iron Man was super-cool and had fun with many comic book film conventions. The edge goes to Robert Downie Jr. in a bravura performance.

ear
ear

on 7/10/2010

There is nothing wrong with Superbad but Iron Man is better.

on 7/10/2010

I also didn't think Superbad was really that funny; I did laugh about half the time, which makes it better than a lot of "comedies" that I've seen. Still, Iron Man is pure fun, and Robert Downey Jr. just knocks it out of the park.

on 8/5/2010

@flickme: I think you nailed it exactly. Superbad is a good movie, but Iron Man is just cooler.

on 2/8/2012

Misogyny just doesn't do it for me anymore. I lose.

on 8/6/2012

I liked Superbad more than I expected to, what with my general dislike of Judd Apatow-directed-or-produced films, but I really enjoyed Iron Man. It gets the nod, no problem.

on 8/6/2012

Aside from the first 20-30 minutes, Superbad is one of the most overrated comedies I've ever seen. Iron Man is far superior...