Mortal Kombat: Annihilation vs. Mortal Kombat

0 comments

8 comments

Mortal Kombat: Annihilation was a terrible decision to make. The original Mortal Kombat had a nice over-the-top quality to it - a great movie to put on and shut your mind off. Anniilation, though . . . not so much.

The more I consider these movies the more I enjoy them. Annihilation, of course, is more bad-bad than bad-funny but it still makes me laugh in parts. Neither of these movies can hold a candle to the series though... MORTAL KOMBAT: CONQUEST!!! which is now my third favourite TV show ever (behind The Simpsons & Seinfeld). Seriously, MORTAL KOMBAT: CONQUEST deserves a little bit of free advertisment here. This show was both intentionally funny and unintentionally funny. MORTAL COMBAT: CONQUEST had first rate martial arts choreography and great individual execution (even if the fighters were spaced to far apart to make it seem like there's any actual contact). The episodes had a simple, charming Hercules/Xena feeel to them only with infinitely more likeable actors and characters. Plus it was incredibly SEXY. I mean virtually everyone in this show had raw sexiliciousness running through their veins. When Kristanna Lonken is the least sexy peron on a show you know you're on a winner. Couple episodes in, once the show finds its feet, you realize that God does exist and he's put a little bit of himself into MORTAL KOMBAT: CONQUEST!!! SEXY!!! Hot ass-kicking action.

No contest. "Mortal Kombat" wins. Flawless Victory! Fatality!

The original is far,far superior. But that's just stating the obvious...no comparison at all.

The sequel pains me to think about. Literally! The original will always be a brainless good time...

The first one was more than enjoyable, especially to the fans of the game. The second one - total crap!

I love that this came up. The first one in this instance is obviously better than the second one. And not just because some of the original actors didn't return.

"Mother! You're alive!" "Tew bad YEW! WILL DIE!"

The first one is great compared to the second one.

The first one is great compared to The Godfather Part II.

Both of these movies hurt my eyes and inflicts unnecessary attacks on my intelligence. That being said, the original Mortal Kombat is aweful. But at least it isn't the putrid vomit that Mortal Kombat Annihilation is.