Batman: Mask of the Phantasm vs. The Dark Knight Rises

6 comments

5 comments

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm > The Dark Knight > The Dark Knight Rises >> Batman 89 >> Batman Forever > Batman Begins (I really have to see Begins again, I didn't like it the first time I watched it, it's probably better) >> Batman Returns >>> Batman and Robin. The most unlikely order of Batman movies ever, I know, but be glad I didn't have Batman and Robin on top. None of the Batman movies are perfect, but I feel that Mask of the Phantasm is (still) the best, even though TDK and TDKR come close.

Though I don't agree with your overall order, Mask of the Phantasm is probably the best Batman film.

I loved the dark mood and atmosphere in Phantasm, but TDKR is an ambitious film in every sense of the word. And it succeeds in almost everything it sets out to achieve. An emotional journey with breathtaking visuals and superb acting. Wally Pfister delivered the goods yet again in the cinematography department. Christian Bale's performance made the difference this time I feel. Much preferred his performance in this to his rather detached and cold portrayal of Bruce Wayne in TDK. Of course, the film gives us plenty to think about with its socio-political philosophies.

In the end, Andrea had more balls than Bane (who, for all intents and purposes, was left a gimp after having his testicles surgically removed by a bizarre script).

While Mask of the Phantasm had a tighter plot The Dark Knight Rises was an emotional roller coaster, grand, epic filmmaking which I think shouldn't be detracted by certain plot holes.

MASK OF THE PHANTASM is an easy choice for me to make. TDKR was the most disappointing third act in a trilogy I'd seen until RISE OF SKYWALKER.

tbh tdkr is probably the better overall film but motp has a better batman and villain

Mask of the phantasm for sure was truly the best of Batman films and as rises is incredibly disappointing bad of a it’s ways that it’s gotten.

Mask of the Phantasm was great but extremely overrated. It is not even close to the level of Nolan’s weakest Batman let alone Dark Knight

i change my mind it's TDKR by far, MOTP is overrated asf, nowhere near the best batman movie

You can't compare the two. One movie was direct to dvd and barely goes above an hour, and the other made over a billion dollars at the box office and is over two and a half hours long. They both are good movies, but The Dark Knight Rises is on a whole different level