Batman: Mask of the Phantasm vs. Batman: Under the Red Hood

8 comments

3 comments

No offense to Bender and Nowhere Man, but Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy simply are the iconic voices of the Joker and Batman.

Both are great but I prefer Phantasm.

Agree with both here. Red Hood was interesting but not on the level of Mask of the Phantasm.

Greenwood is no Conroy (although he still did a great job) and DiMaggio is no Hamill (he reminded me a little too much of Bender), but that doesn't make Under the Red Hood a disappointing film. It's great, despite not being as good as Phantasm.

Both films are sooooooooooooooooo good but under the red hood is the superior film.

Red Hood had 20 years on Phantasm in the art and animation department and its the best Batman film of the last couple decades but I love Phantasm more the story and voice work! love the original Batman Animated series!

Man, I really enjoyed both. Tough call...

Under The Red Hood had darker vibes, but Mask of the Phantasm is probably the emotional Batman movie ever and it is way more relatable. Mask of the Phantasm made me feel like losing a long term partner even though I have never had one.

Under the Red Hood is one of the best Batman movies after the Nolan movies

Under the Red Hood is a fine animated Batman movie but I will never understand it's seemingly universal acclaim, Mask of the Phantasm is a good Batman origin story and an extended animated series episode mixed together.

two very good films but the victory goes to Mask of the Phantasm because for me it is better than all the Batman animated films