Blindness vs. Groundhog Day

1 comments

1 comments

THIS IS ACTUALLY A HARD ONE. Driving off a cliff with a groundhog vs on screen rape. Or on screen slavery. Well slavery and rape. Well more like... the one group has to make tribute to the other in the form of their women, so is that slavery or.... Maybe it's more like serfdom. This is a question the book never answers. Did the rapist group not have women? Did they rape them to exhaustion? Where'd they go? I hope it wasn't just a group of like 20 or 30 guys. That's super gay. Maybe they were just trying to prove something. I'm becoming more sympathetic to the rapist. Those cats weren't all bad.

I think they did have women, but they were just on an asshole power trip. And they probably wanted some variety. I thought Julianne Moore probably could've stepped in earlier to end the raping, but maybe not. What do both of these movies have to say about male-female relationships, anyway? In a way, Andie MacDowell is emotionally and intellectually raped by Bill Murray, without ever knowing it. But, didn't Julianne Moore only have a sense of purpose when she was the only person who could see? Wasn't she kind of out of it, otherwise? I don't know. It took Bill Murray the equivalent of like 500 years to be worthy of Andie MacDowell, so did he deserve her? Morally I think Groundhog Day is quite disturbing. Funny, but disturbing. I sort of liked some of Blindness, though.

Guys you scare me. I´ll go with Groundhog here.