Bohemian Rhapsody vs. A Star Is Born

1 comments

10 comments

Wow. The two best picture nominees right here. I loved one of them. Queen over Ga Ga.

Radio Ga Ga! Let's make something clear, I love Queen and almost all of the songs were pretty great. Yes, I've heard them all. That being said, it's none of the movie own merits. So not fooling this one, thank you. Shallow (no pun intended) characters except for Freddie, and underdeveloped plot. Now that's what Bohemian Rhapsody truly is. A weak, but still fun movie. I connected myself with A Star Is Born. I think Cooper is brilliant so is Lady Gaga. Actually I like Cooper better than Malek, and I thought Jack Maine was a way better developed character than Freddie. Btw, A Star Is Born convinced me that someone like Jack or maybe Ally would be just as successfull in the real world. WITH ORIGINAL MUSIC! How great is that?

Bohemian Rhapsody was more entertaining and has more rewatchability for me than A Star is Born.

A Star Is Born. Better talent better story.

ear
ear

Bohemian Rhapsody has better music and and emotional arc that was more appealing. A Star is Born was melodramatic pablum we have seen before literally.

Both are amazing but A Star Is Born takes my vote.

A Star Is Born has better music and and emotional arc that was more appealing. Bohemian Rhapsody was melodramatic pablum we have seen before literally.

(In all seriousness: Bohemian Rhapsody has the better music, but it's easily the worst of these two. I don't know how it managed to get a Best Picture nomination, let alone WIN Best *Editing*. I'm pretty sure the editing somehow to give me whiplash while watching it. I mean, this pretty much says it all, doesn't it: https://youtu.be/QJ1C6QYAWnk

A Star is Born is a far better movie as a whole..

somehow managed*. Also, that's not to say A Star is Born is great, because it's not, but at least it's didn't feel like the 500th cliched artist biopic commercial trash that Bohemian Rhapsody was.

ear
ear

I thoroughly enjoyed Bohemian Rhapsody and Malek was terrific as Freddie Mercury. A Star is Born was mediocre at best and Gaga didn't impress me as an actress. She is a great singer and Shallow was a great song.