Bohemian Rhapsody vs. Green Book

1 comments

1 comments

Great songs and Rami Malek. That's all Bohemian Rhapsody got. And the songs aren't even this movie's own merits. So far, Green Book is BY FAR my favorite 2019 nominee. It'll probably stay this way. I've still gotta check A Star Is Born, which don't really get me excited all that much; Vice, which seems like it shouldn't even be nominated; Roma, which just seems like a truly boring, empty and disjointed movie for me; and ofcourse, The Favourite, but it's the one that got me least hyped for watching. Not only is Green Book my favorite nominee, it's also my favorite 2018 movie. So yeah, it's my front runner for the Best Pic run.

From what I can gather, it seems that Roma is locked in to win best picture. And while I did like Roma, these are my two favorites of the nominees. They're both crowd pleasers, and leave the audience on a high note while still tackling serious topics. I know that neither movie is totally accurate to the real story, but I also don't think the point was to be 100% accurate. As long as the movie captures the spirit of the real people, then in my opinion, it did its job. I prefer Bohemian Rhapsody, though I'm probably a little biased because Queen has been my favorite band for many years.