Van Helsing vs. Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

4 comments

3 comments

lol 2 bad bad movies

Unlike most, I didn't think Van Helsing was too bad. It obviously wins over Phantom Menace.

I'm beyond bashing the Phantom Menace. It isn't a good movie but as long as I have access to a fast forward button I would rather watch it than Van Helsing.

anything beats phantom menace

Two equally bad movies. I can easily ignore Jar Jar over Kate Bekinsale, even though she does end up dying in the movie. Well if anything, light sabers and more of the Star Wars universe beats that anyday.

Van Helsing

Van Helsing is almost campy enough for me to give it the win, but on the other hand, urgh........ Having rewatched the Star Wars prequels recently with a fresh perspective, while Phantom Menace is definitely a bad Star Wars film, I've come to the conclusion that it is not inherently unwatchable (especially when compared to Attack of the Clones) and there are several bits which I thoroughly enjoy despite my overall opinion of the film and my initial reaction to it. So Phantom Menace wins.

Two crappy movies chock-full of crappy CGI and annoying characters. But the lightsaber battle in Episode One wasn't too terrible. Star Wars for the win.