The World Is Not Enough vs. Tomorrow Never Dies

2 comments

5 comments

Two of my three least favorite Bond films. Throw in Die Another Day and we've got em all. Oh Pierce, Goldeneye was so good, what happened?

I don't like Tomorrow Never Dies; so, even though TWINE isn't that great, either, it wins because it is still much better than the third weakest Bond film of all time (only surpassed by Die Another Day and Quantum of Solace).

I initially found TND under-whelming, and aside from Denise Richards I rather enjoyed TWINE. I think Brosnan gave his best performance as Bond in the latter, but I've discovered that TND has held up better over the years.

TND gets better every time I see it. TWINE was always awful.

Bondathon continues...: The World is Not Enough vs. Tomorrow Never Dies. Well...that was a joyless experience. The World is Not Enough isn't offensively bad (like Diamonds are Forever), but it is boring and it just kind of exists. The fun in GoldenEye and Tomorrow Never Dies is nowhere be found in this one. The action is just there. It's not very creative, it's not entertaining, it's just there. And everyone and their mother have pointed this out, but I can't simply ignore this either:...Denise Richards as a rocket scientist. Riiiiight. Denise Richards sucks in this movie. One of the worst Bondgirls ever. Terrible name, terrible acting and she's just a useless and annoying sidekick. The plot is confusing and makes no sense, the villains are weak, and even Brosnan doesn't seem to have much fun. Tomorrow Never Dies is actually underrated, it's honestly almost as good as GoldenEye if you ask me. Tomorrow Never Dies destroys The World Is Not Enough.

TWINE was my favorite Bond film as a kid and still to this day I really like it, but it is far from my favorite. I think both are underrated, but the slight edge goes to Tomorrow Never Dies.

MysticSpoon already pointed out the reasons why The World Is Not Enough is so wretched, so there's no need to repeat them. After four consecutive decent James Bond movies (The Living Daylights, Licence to Kill, GoldenEye, and Tomorrow Never Dies), the franchise took a rather huge step backwards with The World Is Not a Place for Denise Richards to be Playing a Nuclear Physicist. Tomorrow Never Dies wins...

not really sure but ill go with Tomorrow Never Dies

Many people have already pointed out the reasons for TWINE being...not great, but I wanted to point out a few reasons why I genuinely love TND. It has Pierce Brosnan's best performance (except from in DAD imo) and Jonathan Pryce is great as the crazy media mogul Elliot Carver, whereas Renard was severely underused in TWINE. Michelle Yeoh is a capable Bond girl and, whilst Paris Carver might not have worked, they were at least trying to shake up the formula, which was also one of the only good parts of TWINE (Elektra's story arc). TND in short, is a really entertaining Brosnan Bond flick, the sets are great, the backseat driver is a great action scene, the actors are having fun etc. TWINE just feels there. It's the Brosnan flick I always forget about (DAD is memorable at least). TND is my favourite Brosnan and one of my favourite Bond films. Oh did I forget to mention? TND obliterates TWINE.