Pulp Fiction vs. Inception

37 comments

23 comments

JRM
JRM

My top 2 movies of all time right here! . . . I choose Inception.

Inception. Landslide.

That's a tough one. Gotta be inception.

Pulp Fiction buries Inception.

When I wake up, I want to be a gangster.

Two amazing movies, but the amazing plot and idea does it for me, so i chose Inception.

I love these both, but I think I have to go with Pulp Fiction.

It's a massacre.

Inception blew and screwed my mind like no film has ever done before, so it wins.

Inception is overrated. There. I said it, and no, it's not that I didn't understand the film. Pulp Fiction hands down.

Change of mind, change of heart. I'm going with Pulp Fiction.

Jesus, both revolutionary movies in their own ways. I gotta say, however, Pulp Fiction is the full package, brimming with humor, suspense, action, drama, romance, mystery, and intrigue. Inception's first viewing will probably never be beat for me, but Pulp Fiction is the better movie. Not by much, though.

Sh*t. Both are excellent. Inception is one of my favorites, but Pulp Fiction is pretty damn great. I'll end up watching Inception a lot more than it, but PF is better.

are u kidding me are all of u nuts pulp fiction is one of the greatest movies of all time and inception is a good movies but it cant compare to pulp fiction or the matrix for that matter inception is sooo over rated inception dose not even make my top 100 list and pulp fiction is in my top 10 i could easily name 100 movies better then inception and i have on imdb wake up people just casuse a movie is hard to understand and makes u think dose not mean its the greatest thing ever made

Happyhank needs to chill, Inception's an incredible movie, I just prefer Pulp Fiction.

Inception, but this is incredibly difficult. In time my opinion could change....but Inception was simply a game changer for me...

Why PF? It makes great use of its entire cast from the largest to the smallest roles; it is referential towards, but not derivative of, its predecessors; it is very stylized but has a strong substance at its core; it features a variety of artists doing something new rather than just a brilliant special fx team; it matters not at all what's in the box; and it is more memorable scene-for-scene, line-for-line, and character-for-character. It also bears very little resemblance towards Shutter Island, or any lesser works of better directors.

I saw INCEPTION first, therefore I'm kinda biased, altho both films have Phenomenal scripts. Kudos to Tarantino and Chris Nolan!

Pulp Fiction is the true master of this matchup

Going with the Cult classic over the sci fi hit.

inception is overated, pulp fiction is number 2 in my top ten.

Inception.

Inception.

Inception wins it for me.

Inception, no contest.

People on here saying Inception no contest are mentally challenged Pulp Fiction is the better movie where as Inception was the better experience. I can watch PF anytime, anyplace but with Inception it's not like that. Inception is very good but PF is just better.

Inception was a mind-blowing experience.

Inception was a mind-blowing experience.

Going with Inception. It just keeps getting better with repeat viewings.

So many comments, so little sense. Geez. With every Inception discussion it becomes more and more clear that Inception is one of the most overrated movies ever. Seriously, watch it multiple times and you'll see glaring flaws and plot holes. It does not get better with repeated viewings. It's nothing but popcorn entertainment. Good entertainment, bot nothing more. Also, we're talking about Pulp Fiction here, revolutionary move. Sooo much more than simple fun.

Uh yeah, Inception does get better with repeat viewings. For one, it has a relatable concept. We all experience dreams and the power of the subconscious mind has always been an intriguing topic of discussion. Nolan took that aspect a step further with this film. Inception deals with human psychology which is still pretty murky territory ripe for exploration. The innovative notions it talks about seem familiar and yet so mysterious. We’ve all had the experience of Inception’s induced comas, lucid dreams and sudden ‘kicks’ back into reality – not to mention the subtle but immensely potent power of suggestion. These recognizable facets of Inception make way for a universally enjoyable experience. The intricate details can be truly appreciated only by rewatching it multiple times. It's not about finding the plot holes but looking at the bigger picture. Inception is visually stunning, conceptually intelligent and highly entertaining. The beautiful cinematography and breathtaking locations/action set-pieces constitute a truly surreal experience fulfilling the exact objective of the film. The rotating hallway scene was cream-in-your-pants awesome. The characters in the film are cold, calculating and at times, indifferent. A by-product of a world where the line separating the real and the surreal is not only thin but also blurred. Cobb's crisis in the film highlights that emotion. However, the relationship between Mal and Cobb does provide a little warmth to an otherwise intentionally shrewd film. Rewatch Inception with an open mind to understand the clever characterization. It works for both big picture thinkers as well as detail-oriented folk. Pulp Fiction is awesome but Inception was a much more meaningful experience for me. The fact that haters label Inception as "not that intelligent" only proves that it is now the new standard in intelligent thrillers. It's like The Matrix of the 21st century but without all the tackiness and bad acting. If Inception is popcorn entertainment, then what the fuck is Pulp Fiction? The dialogue in PF is great but other than that, it's rather shallow and lacking substance. QT perfected the craft of incorporating characterization with dialogue in films like Dogs and JB but Pulp Fiction isn't one of these films. Some of the dialogue was useless and didn't add much to the narrative. It may be witty and sublime in most scenes but it's also trivial and pointless in others. At least the expository dialogue in Inception served a purpose (explaining the working to the audience). I like them both but Inception is simply better. Peace.

Inception can't lose this contest.

I'm absolutely at a loss as to what people see in Nolan. His movies feel autistic, slick, characterless and positively dead, and Inception is no exception. They decided on a setting with infinite possibilities (dreams), and the best they can do is CGI pavement moving and a bit of spacial wonkery? It's like a bad joke no one's let me in on.

Pulp Fiction. It so entertaining with endlessly quotable dialogue. Inception was a bit tedious at some points. Both great films at the end of the day.

Inception. Pulp Fiction is probably better, but I'm just not a big fan of Tarantino.

Inception is great but Pulp Fiction owns here.

#1 vs #3, gotta go with my favorite movie of all time...Inception.

Pulp Fiction by a huge margin. One of the most loveable films of all time.

Although Pulp is the more celebrated, Inception for my money.

Pulp Fiction by miles. I still love Inception but this is no contest. Pulp Fiction is far too classical

To all that claim Inception is overrated: are you kidding??? If either of these two are overrated, it's Pulp. Yeah, there are some truly funny moments in the movie, but like with all of Tarantino's movies, it seems like he tries too hard with the dialogue. I mean really... does every other word have to be vulgar? Between Pulp and Reservoir Dogs, the both movies are done a disservice by the overuse of vulgarity. It gets to a point where it just becomes annoying, especially in Reservoir Dogs. It's like an annoying kid that just learned how to cuss and tries too hard to impress his friends by overdoing it. I know people will probably flame me for this, but I really think it takes away from the movie itself. Nolan's Inception is more thought-provoking and better written.

Pulp just moved up to #2 on my chart, but Inception is still #1.

Pulp Fiction just became my number 1 movie of all time.

One of Nolan's best vs. Tarantino's absolute best. Have to go with PF.

Pulp Fiction easy.

Pulp Fiction is better. Inception is great but its dialogue heavy scenes aren't as interesting as PF.

Inception.

I pick Pulp

I really love both movies but Inception is definitely my pick.

This isn´t even a match-up Pulp Fiction is a masterpiece while Inception is good, but way too overrated

Pulp Fiction takes it even though I love Inception

Yeah Pulp fiction it is.Even though I love inception too

Inception

Inception is a life changing and complex experience. Now for my favourite thing to do on FlickChart, talk smack about Pulp Fiction... but I don’t have the time or energy to do that right now so maybe you should take out other Pulp discussions on his site where I’ve stated my thoughts on the film!

Tarantino beats every Nolan dull film.

Pulp Fiction is mostly unbeatable which as inception is the most far overrated movie ever.

Inception is a masterpiece but pulp fiction is a perfect film

PF by far but i still loved inception

Inception is one of my favorite movies ever. Pulp fiction isn't close

very, very, close but I will give pulp fiction the edge

Pulp Fiction is among near that perfect