Pulp Fiction vs. Memento

29 comments

20 comments

OH MY GOD!!! Toughest yet! After 15 minutes, I think PULP wins. Brilliant as MEMENTO is, there isn't a particularly memorable scene, sequence, quote or dialogue. PULP is FILLED with them. ALL of them. PULP wins --by a foot.

JRM
JRM

I agree. As much as I love Memento, Pulp wins this one.

WOW

Memento doesn't have Jules...

I'm not sure I can continue on this site, if I have to make choices like this. I've seen Pulp more, so it must win.

I'll be different. Memento wins. Pulp Fiction was great, but there's nothing like Memento....

I LOVE Memento, but Pulp Fiction is the better film.

It's very close. But Memento wins for me. Pulp Fiction has Uma Thurman and I don't really like her. Also, Pulp Fiction doesn't really move me. It's too unreal. Too much posing if you will (it's Tarantino. What can you do?^^). Don't get me wrong. I love them both. 10 point movies. I love Ving Rhames and I love Bruce Willis here. Jackson is great aswell. I just think, Memento is more challenging and feels a little more real.

Memento wins for me due to just how ingenious the storytelling was. Telling a story in reverse that generates a greater impact than in linear format is brilliant.

I'm one of the few people who didn't like PF at all.Memento without hesitation.

Time and story structure manipulation match-up. Memento could not function without its manipulation, which serves a key story point to keep the audience in line with the protagonist. Memento wins.

SquareMaster316 hits the nail on the head here. To be honest, I've never truly loved a Tarantino film (Reservoir Dogs is about as close as I get) but Nolan never fails to amaze. I've never seen another movie quite like Memento, though some have tried.

Pulp fiction all day!

Original is an adjective that can be used to describe both these films. But the non-linear narrative served a bigger purpose in Memento than Pulp Fiction. Memento is the tighter more innovative film.

Pulp Fiction was okay, but Memento was pretty good

memento might just be the most gripping mystery film i've ever seen. If not, its sure up there. No disrespect intended towards tarantino. He will go down in history as a great film making pioneer

both are great and uniqe flicks, but Pulp Fictions impact is far greater

I'm more a Nolan guy than a Tarantino guy. Memento.

Pulp Fiction.

Memento is great but Pulp Fiction is legendary.

Two great sophomore efforts by my two favorite directors. Pulp Fiction wins.

This matchup is a toughie. Memento probably gets the edge in plot, but in pure entertainment and quotability PF without hesitation.

Pulp Fiction. in my top 5 while Memento is still my top 20.

Memento wins. I respect Pulp Fiction for all it's notoriety, but Memento is just such an amazing movie.

Pulp Fiction for me

Memento is a great movie, but I'll go with Pulp Fiction because it's kind of the movie that made me a movie fan.

Memento

Pretty hard choice if you ask me. Nolan's best VS Tarantino's best. Although I do enjoy Nolan more as a director, Tarantino is a game-changer. I'd have to say Pulp Fiction here. These guys are 2 of my favorite directors and my favorite films of them are showcased here. I have watched Pulp Fiction more, and have not seen Memento in a long time, maybe it will win when I rewatch it, who knows. But for now, Pulp Fiction. Case closed.

OOOH, i give the edge to memento, but totally different movies...both amazing

Memento is excellent but Pulp Fiction is better.

Memento is a very good film but this is definetily for Pulp fiction.

Both in my top ten but Pulp Fiction is my #1

These are two of my absolute favorites. They are both often praised for there unconventional storytelling by manipulating time, but interestingly enough, that's not the reason I love either one.

Pulp Fiction is the clear winner.

I'm probably like Memento much more than the next guy, so it beats every Tarantino film for me.

Memento wins .Its a better movie. pulp is good and entertaining but memento is better movie and is more entertaining :-)

Pulp Fiction for me

Don't tempt Tarentino!

Two of the best uses of non-linear storytelling. I'll go with Memento

Pulp Fiction !

NO NO NO lol. Memento is the easy winner. Such great storytelling and editing along with a real experimental feel. It’s an experience with many possible answers and interpretations that is left up to the audience; hence why it’s so loved because it leaves a real impact. Pulp Fiction is meaningless drivel. No story, no substance and all the characters are incredibly flat and one dimensional!

ear
ear

Memento is a fascinating film but Pulp Fiction has a comic style ,quotable script,extremely entertaining performances and a great musical soundtrack. It is a cultural icon and many fans like me love it and admire it's style and mojo.

Memento by dozen of meters...

Every whole Nolan movie is most forgettable overrated garbage that made every forgettable dumb story and as pulp fiction destroys every Nolan movie ever.

Pulp Fiction destroys here!

This is an insanely tough decision. Both are masterpieces but I'll go with Memento this time. It can always change though.

PF, but i still loved memento

Oh my god I think I have to go with memento on this one oh my god…..

Memento is better but both movies are among the best movies ever made

Nolan's best (imo) against Tarantino's maybe third or fourth best. Nolan wins here!

I think someone made a pretty good point about how the non-linear storytelling is more effective and has more purpose in Memento, and while I kind of agree, I don't think that's enough to give Memento a win. I think Pulp has higher memorability while also being a technically brilliant and brilliantly written film. So I think I'll give it to Pulp Fiction, but it isn't really that close at all

Memento may have a better non linear structure, but it doesn't even come close to Pulp Fiction's greatness

Memento is quite good for me and this https://www.tripleclicks.com/22294048/detail?item=613617