Pulp Fiction vs. True Romance

17 comments

5 comments

on 8/8/2009

A tough choice....because of the Tarantino factor. However, some say that Pulp doesn't hold up as well...still...it's the better film.

on 8/8/2009

Cineastes will debate this choice for years.

on 8/12/2009

Drexel.

on 11/20/2009

Seriously, how can you pick. Love Quentin's direction but Tony pulled off his script. Shit, this is so tough. I do LOVE Gary Oldman - shit

on 4/27/2010

True Romance is much more interesting because it may be the only time we see a Tarantino script (not story) directed by someone else. It's a great movie but Pulp Fiction wins hands down.

ear
ear

on 4/28/2010

Pulp Fiction has that interesting time structure and the memorable characters giving it the edge here.

on 8/27/2010

Sophie's Choice!

on 8/27/2010

Hmmm...Pulp Fiction takes it for sheer enjoyment.

on 9/5/2010

True Romance is good, but even if it had been directed by Tarantino I don't think it would top Pulp Fiction.

on 8/25/2011

Man i just ranked KKBB over TR.. if you take away the amazing production of pulp fiction and the cast and just look at it in the bare bones.. read them like a comic book, true romance has more entertainment value, where pulp fiction just has more crazy epic shit happening but here i think true romance wins..

on 12/28/2012

True Romance: the Tarantino flick that's not really a Tarantino flick (Tony Scott behind the camera does make somewhat of a difference) yet still is a Tarantino flick (dialogue, violence, casting, characters). And like Pulp Fiction, I liked it, I didn't love it. Something about Tarantino's writing just doesn't really appeal to me. It is good dialogue, without a doubt, but it's not really focused on the story. Like that scene with Christopher Walken and Dennis Hopper: it's a great scene, but wasn't its length a little...ehm...pointless? I dunno. Anyway, I'm just not a big fan of Tarantino. Reservoir Dogs and Inglourious Basterds are great, but I'm kind of 'meh' to his other stuff. In the end, I think I liked Pulp Fiction a little better. It has better performances and more memorable moments, and it doesn't have music in the background constantly like in True Romance (yeah, it's a nitpick, I know).

on 12/29/2012

Pulp

on 3/10/2013

This is tough. Both are Tarantino at his best, but I think with Tarantino's direction give Pulp Fiction the edge.

on 3/10/2013

I have no problem going True Romance on this one. Love Pulp....but True Romance always delivers...

on 10/13/2013

Truly difficult, but it's True Romance for me.

on 2/19/2014

I can't hate on anyone for preferring True Romance but, for me, Pulp Fiction is nearly perfect.

on 3/6/2014

My favorite and second favorite movies of all time.

on 3/30/2014

Pulp Fiction is a far more important and well made film than True Romance and while I love True Romance I'm pretty sure I'd rather watch Pul Fiction any day!

on 8/1/2014

Easily Pulp Fiction

on 5/10/2015

"True Romance" cause I always felt that "Pulp Fiction" was slower and more overrated and TR has more action.

on 8/17/2015

True Romance is good, not great. Pulp Fiction is one of the best.

on 5/8/2019

True Romance is a decent movie that could've been great in the hands of a better director (like, you know, the writer). Pulp Fiction is an all-time classic.