Pulp Fiction vs. The Silence of the Lambs

19 comments

9 comments

oh boy this one is a toughie...hmmmm

As much as 'The Silence of the Lambs' continues to freak me out, 'Pulp Fiction' continues to amaze me more.

Have to hand it to Pulp Fiction. It was a wee bit better in my opinion.

I highly doubt Jules would let Hannibal Lecter eat his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti, let alone give him a foot message...

Incredibly tough, but I'll go with Silence of the Lambs. By simply the smallest of margins...

For me it's Pulp Fiction. I don't know if it's better or not, but it's definitely my preference.

Pulp Fiction and Samuel L. Jackson win this one out.

The Silence of the Lambs. Simply because Anthony Hopkins plays the best psychopath.

These are two widely loved classics of the '90s that kinda disappointed me. Pulp Fiction went one step too far with its dialogue-driven approach, something QT handled with greater clarity and steadiness in Reservoir Dogs. Silence was excruciatingly boring for an edge-of-the-seat thriller and it's perhaps the only acclaimed serial killer flick that glorifies the knife. How it won the "big 5" at the Oscars is beyond me. At least Pulp Fiction was lively in fragments.

The problem with Silence is that your mom could watch it, you know? Extra points for the Hip Priest bit though.

Silence is simply amazing, but Pulp Fiction is the definition of simply amazing.

Wow, I get that everyone has this cultish fascination with Pulp, but I expected Silence to get more than 2 votes. I think Silence is the better movie.

Pulp Fiction by millimetres.

I also choose Pulp Fiction.

Pulp Fiction.

Pulp Fiction, TSOTL was a great thriller, but Pulp is one of the greats

Pulp Fiction on easy way

Pretty tough I am going for Pulp

Silence of the Lambs!

Silence of the Lambs wins this for me.

Both great. Pulp wins!

No fucking contest.

Pulp Fiction by far and I love Silence

Silence of the lambs easily

Silence of the Lambs is an extremely good thriller, but a much more conventional story than Pulp Fiction. So I'm going with Tarantino.

difficult

Pulp Fiction handily. Much more fun, rewatchable and has a way better character besides Dr.Lecter TSOTL is a 8/10.

Silence of the Lambs by a mile. It is a much more interesting and compelling narrative with a build up and a payoff. Clarice is a much more interesting protagonist than Jules, Vega or Butch in that she has her insecurities, wants and hopes. Pulp Fiction is fun but Silence of the Lambs is much more tense especially the basement scene. Being unconventional doesn't directly equate to quality. Surprised more people don't agree.

Pulp Fiction wins this. Silence of the Lambs is great and actually in my top 10, but it's a little boring in stretches and all the other characters besides Hannibal and Clarice really aren't that interesting. Still a great movie though. Meanwhile Pulp Fiction is entertaining from start to finish and all the characters are interesting. Plus, it has Uma Thurman!