No Country for Old Men vs. The Godfather

12 comments

15 comments

Though the Godfather is the better movie, I rather watch No Country over Godfather any day.

Both Movies Are Awesome, Though I Like No Country For Old Men More Than Godfather.

The Godfather is the greatest film ever made, so yeah, it beats everything.

Beats EVERYTHING!

JRM
JRM

No Country entertains more.

godfather definitely

The Godfather entertains more.

The Godfather entertains more.

No Country entertains me more but The Godfather is the better film.

Both have been considered the best of their respective decades, but I think The Godfather wins the matchup. Nothing taken away from NCFOM because that is an amazing film.

Cant explain why but.... the godfather but just by a little

Sometimes this site promotes baby pukes in the mouth. The Godfather is VASTLY superior to NCFOM. The Godfather is engrossing and exceptional in every way. NCFOM is a collection of idiotic ramblings that gain praise only because it dared to be different. When different is pretentious and shallow then in this case different is NOT a good thing.

I'll go with the one with the "cartoonish villain".

^Haha.

The Godfather is far better.

The gas station scene in NCFOM has to be the most underrated scene ever.

Two films that are definitely good competition for each other. This is like Rocky Marciano vs. Joe Louis, No Country for Old Men wins out only just.

far better

far far better

Godfather no question

Wow, I think Ill actually go with no country for ild men....

kidding!

godfather wins here

The Godfather...easy choice.

Its not about which is the better movie, its about which you like more.

Two incredible pieces of perfection.

Old Men for having consistent pacing and deeper themes!

After very recently watching the first two Godfather films for the first time, I can definitely see why they receive their praise and recognition. However, I highly doubt I'll be watching them again any time soon, they're simply too long. No Country For Old Men (which is now number one on my flickchart) is quite simply just a perfect film, I have seen it five times in less than a year. It's only two hour runtime (which feels like a hour long) is perfect. I can keep analyzing and examining new details or just enjoy it on a surface level perspective as a simple cat and mouse chase. In terms of the better film objectively, I really don't know since they are both flawless films but my personal preference goes to NCFOM.

The Godfather is definitely the better film than No Country, but I adore both and No Country may go up on my list on rewatch

Godfather on this one. Love No Country a lot though.

Nothing beats the godfather. VERY EASY CHOICE. Even if Ncfom also is a 5/5 star movie, i cant find a movie anywhere better than the godfather