No Country for Old Men vs. Fargo

27 comments

8 comments

OH DAMN YOU FLICKCHART. I'm going with No Country. I feel like a heel.

I guess I'm not a true Minnesotan for even thinking of not going with Fargo but damn No Country for Old Men is good..

Fargo, just has more heart. Gotta give it to Fargo. Although A Serious Man is creeping into my heart a lot after 2 viewings. Where do you come down on the Fargo vs. A Serious Man or No Country for Old Men vs. A Serious Man?

I can't wait to see A Serious Man, I hope it's in the same league for me as these two.. I need more favorites.

Even while seeing No Country for the first time I knew it would get a place in my all-time favorits. Fargo is of course great, too but I really have to see it again. It's been a while. So for now No Country gets my vote.

Fargo annoys me because the humor is fairly one-note. The more I watch it, the less I like it. No Country for Old Men gets better with each viewing, and I've already seen it more times than Fargo. I bet Marge Gunderson couldn't take on Anton Chigurh.

I'm gonna say what everyone else is secretly thinking...Fargo sucked!

@TenInchToolz: THANK GOD somebody said it. I swear, sometimes I feel like people are just trying to gaslight me.

Madness, Fargo was spectacular

JRM
JRM

I was nowhere as impressed with Fargo as I was with No Country.

Liked 'em both....loved Chigurh. But I don't mind saying that I enjoyed Fargo more overall...

I agree with TheEgant, although this matchup is pretty close.

Before I would've said No Country, but right now I'm going with Fargo. Just a bigger achievement in my eyes.

Seb
Seb

NCFOM is a great film. Fargo's good but its severely overrated. it never ceases to amaze me how much people love it.

Fargo is a little annoying, but it's still great. I prefer NCFOM though.

Eh, Fargo's not annoying. Good shit. I think I just appreciate the Coens applying their talents to a straight-thriller a little bit more than I do a comedy.

Such a hard decision but I give it to Fargo by the slightest of margins.

Bless you, TenInchToolz.

Fargo, because It's my favorite Coen Brothers film.

The Coen brothers are brilliant film makers, although being from Minnesota I can honestly say that I've never heard anyone talk the way the characters do in Fargo... But for that reason I thought Fargo was a great movie, however No Country For Old Man is the best from the Coen brothers.

Out of the five Coen Brothers films I've seen so far, No Country For Old Men is my favorite.

Two masterpieces from the Coen brothers, I prefer Fargo.

Fargo is great, but that cannot top Anton Chigurh.

Two of the Coen brothers best works. Fargo is their best film though.

Both are great, but Fargo is perfect.

NCFOM easily

oh my goshhh, this is a tough one, im gonna go for no country. I don't know. Ask me tomorrow and ill probably say fargo.

Two great crime films from the Coens but Fargo wins here

Fargo is genius its very close but Fargo for the win!

NCFOM for having one heck of an intense performance from Javier Bardem

Fargo

Fargo's really great, but No Country is like my #1 and an undeniable all-time great.

fargo is incredible, but i love no country even more somehow

Fargp is amazing and I love the dark humor as well. the Cohens are brilliant and both films are great but give me Fargo.

No Country is far better although both are the greatest Coen brothers films it is..

I'm just getting into the Coens and I have to say that I loved almost every second of these two. Fargo is great but my personal tastes point towards No Country because of the darker atmosphere!

Fargo is fucking terrible, No Country is way better

Both of these movies are phenomenal. Fargo is the Coen Brothers at the peak of their comedic writing. It's smartly written and hilarious to watch. But No Country is just something special. The sheer depth and complexity of this movie puts it at the top for me. It doesn't hurt that No Country is basically completely perfect