8½ vs. The Seventh Seal

7 comments

2 comments

No one has commented on this yet? Really? In any event, it's got to be "The Seventh Seal" for me. I admire "8 1/2" but I fell in love with "The Seventh Seal."

Since commenting 206 days ago, I've actually discovered "8 1/2" has gotten under my skin recently and really resonated with me on a very personal level. Still, "The Seventh Seal" continues to win this match.

Oh, how times change! "8 1/2" has now become much dearer to me than "The Seventh Seal". I connected with it on a very personal level, whereas I find my enjoyment and admiration of "The Seventh Seal" is more of an artistic nature.

This is one of those matchups where I don't know whether to vote for my favorite or the one I think is better. Usually there isn't a difference with me, but in this case there is. 8 1/2 is better, but I prefer The Seventh Seal. I guess I'll vote my heart, because re-watchability has to mean something.

8 1/2 is not by any stretch of the imagination better than the The Seventh Seal. The Seventh Seal is VASTLY SUPERIOR.

I actually find The Seventh Seal really entertaining

I prefer like six or seven Bergman films over The Seventh Seal. 8 1/2 is a genius roller-coaster of bizarre amazement. It's like Fellini vomited on a wall and then painted over it. No other film delves into the creative mind quite like this one.

Seventh Seal

Sticking with 8½ this time, but it's not as though I've got anything bad to say about THE SEVENTH SEAL. I feel closer to a few other Bergman films these days, though (PERSONA and SAWDUST & TINSEL).

i love both, but 8 1/2 is in my top 20

Seventh Seal for me.