Young Frankenstein vs. Frankenstein

6 comments

3 comments

A hard choice! But really, Young Frankenstein couldn't be great without the original to build on....

I would sandwich Young Frankenstein right in between Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein. Bride being the best.

This actually is a pretty hard one, but as fun as Young Frankenstein is, I can't go against the original Frankenstein.

The two greatest Frankenstein movies, or Franc-en-steen, movies of all-time. Boris Karloff and Gene Wilder are both brilliant in their own ways, Karloff as the Frankenstein Monster in the original and Gene Wilder as Dr. Frankenstein. One of the great comedies of all-time makes Young Frankenstein unique. I'm a sucker for the originals that inspired the later films, so I do have to give the nod to James Whale's classic.

like Young Frankie but Frankenstein is still one of the darkest and smartest horror film its in my top 10 films ever! the Original wins!

"A hard choice! But really, Young Frankenstein couldn't be great without the original to build on...." That's never really been a legit argument to me, to be honest. Everything's so tangled up - this movie's inspired by that movie, that one was an influence on this one - that I could never bother to make myself think of it that way. Whatever's better is better, and I'd rather watch the Mel Brooks flick. Brooks + Wilder always = GOLD.

Bride of Frankenstein is a great movie, and all. But here, Young Frankenstein dominates.

Original for me.

Can't have Young Frankenstien without ...well Son of Frankenstein and you don't get the Son before the Bride...it is very complicated. Anyway...its pronounced FRANK-en-STEEN!!! What were we talking about...

All hail the great Mel!