Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 vs. Spider-Man: Homecoming

14 comments

4 comments

These are pretty much neck and neck for me. Both excellent showings from the MCU. The only faults I can find are GotG2's climactic battle (too overblown) and Homecoming's denouement (too long). Going to give it to Spider-Man for now, but that could change tomorrow.

In the battle of the two best comic book movies of the year to date so far, Guardians is the winner.

GOTG Vol 2 was adult fun.

Gotta give Spidey the nod....

Two of the better summer movies if not the best. Gotta go Guardians but it shows you how weak the summer of 2017 turned out to be.

Neither were near perfect, but Homecoming was much closer than Vol2!

I liked Vol. 2 a lot more than I was expecting but Spider-Man was far better

I expected so much more from Spider-Man: Homecoming, particularly since it got such great reviews. It was okay, but nothing more than that. Quill kills here...

Homecoming may have "First watch" advantage, but upon rewatches Guardians 2's heart holds up while Homecoming lags due to it's jokes feeling more "One and done"

Guardians easily. Homecoming was boring.

Guardians easily

Guardians Vol. 2 also for me.

Guardians Vol. 2

homecoming is great, guardians 2 is good but overrated

The 2017 MCU movies are close to quality, they are all great, but I prefer Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 (even if it’s not as good as the first)

GOTG 2 is underrated tbh

2017 was a bad year for Marvel Yikes! They were both terrible!

I've always thought Homecoming was just kinda okay: pretty good, but nothing special. GOTG2 is still one of the best things the MCU's thrown at us so far imo.

Homecoming is a fine and fun movie, Guardians 2 wins by being more emotional and having higher stakes