Transformers vs. The Dark Knight

3 comments

15 comments

"I'm Optimus Prime."

i love transformers, but the dark knight is my list number one.

Of course Transformers was a great movie, plot holes aside, but I don't feel it can match up to The Dark Knight. The Dark Knight's story line had so much more to offer than just face value action. It was thought provoking. However Transformers was shallow in comparison using explosions and action sequences instead of plot depth.

For a movie based on a line of toys, Transformers is a surprisingly good movie. That said, I still have to go with The Dark Knight.

Dark Knight for sure.

I'm glad that Transformers is getting a lot of love. People tend to get so sidetracked by the popular 'Hate Tranformers' movement that they seem to forget it's just a fun movie. I too will go with TDK, but not by any portentous margin.

The Dark Knight has got to be one of the best written fantasy action films I've seen. Even though the direction could be a bit iffy (hard to see what's going on in the final sequence when he uses his sonar) it's nothing compared to the awful final battle in Transformers where you have a city full of soldiers and shambling robots and have no idea who is who or where they all are. Also for a movie about Transformers, it was really clear the director would rather have made an army film.

The Dark Knight is in my top ten i have no idea where Transormers is.

The entire Transformers franchise is a vomit-inducing turd fest with nauseating camerawork. Plot and characters really don't matter as long as there are tons of explosions, CGI and Megan Fox close-ups. I actually enjoyed Armageddon and The Rock but Bay just dropped the ball on this one. The Dark Knight is tighter in structure and actually tries to tell a story.

Of course The Dark Knight is better. No question about that. But as an 80's kid....seeing a live action Transformers movie was a life long dream. Optimus wins...strictly for nostalgia...

Seriously? Is this really a thought in people's minds?

To me, transformers looked like shaking rolling metal.

I like Transformers more than most, but The Dark Knight is much better.

Transformers was fun, but TDK wins, obviously.

Is this a trick question?

You know what would have made The Dark Knight even better? A scene where Batman pisses on someone. That would have been HIIIILAAAAARIOUS.

Actually, near the end of The Dark Knight, Batman was supposed to whip it out and leave his mark on Harvey Dent. Sadly, Christopher Nolan chickened out.

The one that doesn't have a Coen Bros. regular getting urinated on.

The Dark Knight is far superior. The first Transformers has always been really average for me even thought it's the strongest installment in the series.