District 9 vs. Children of Men

3 comments

12 comments

I don't exactly consider myself an expert, but I do think these are probably the two best science fiction films of the 2000s.

Holy shiiiiiiit.

So hard...

i love both..but the cinematography and direction of COM is just amazing

District 9 was very strong. I'd give it to Children of Men just for the scene with the baby in which all the fighting ceases. Very powerful.

Both extremely high on my list. Such a hard choice. But I do think I have to stick with Children of Men here.

Currently 0 to 6 for COM.. check back later?

JRM
JRM

I think I'm the first here to vote for District 9. I really have a special place in my heart for Children of Men and respect Alfonso Cuaron's vision and execution of most of the film, but I really dislike the ending and I also found myself yelling, 'oh, c'mon!' quite a few times during scenes I found too hard to believe. District 9 held my interest and had me at the edge of my seat from beginning to end.

No contest here for me. "Children of Men" is my #1 movie and a modern classic IMHO. It's such a powerful movie and while I also really like "D9" it can't compete (in my book at least) against "Children of Men".

Children of Men. District 9 was good, very good. But Children of Men was great and a feat for the genre. The direction and cinematography are vastly superior....

Children of Men, easily.

District 9. The main duo were much better leads and the movie more alien concept manages to feel just as real and convincing without even needing to go into the long, exploring takes that CoM did so well. And while D9 had a few cliches, it was never quite as predictable as CoM. Both great, but only D9 is close to a masterpiece.

Solid comparison for me. Both are pretty original and bring a fresh take on their respective subject matter. Pretty close, but I prefer D9 though.

Two of the Best Sci-fi action films of the last 15 years im addicted to sci-fi horror with action and solid stories and these films have it all While District 9 blew me away I though it wpuld be ok but its great but Children of Men is something else its going to be one of the all time greats in 20 years CHILDREN wins .

Children of Men without a doubt...

ear
ear

Children of Men is my knee jerk favorite here.