Men in Black vs. Ghostbusters

4 comments

9 comments

Ghostbusters has great wit and chemistry between its two leads. Men in Black has the same, though arguably to a lesser extent, with some artistic flair to go along with. For that, Men in Black wins.

Ghostbusters = Murray > MIB = Will Smith

Whoever thought up the concept for this site should be shot for this "comparison".

This is a pretty interesting matchup as both are comedies that deal with the paranormal. Men in Black was great but I prefer Ghostbusters.

Men in Black was to the 1990s what Ghostbusters was to the 1980s, although Ghostbusters has had a greater impact. Ghostbusters wins.

Probably Ghostbusters.

Ghostbusters by a mile....

Ghostbusters may be purely a product of and within it's time, but Men in Black is overall better structured and more compelling stary-wise.

Two Sci-Fi comedies I really, really didn't care about. Ghostbusters has a few nice effects, but most of them are awfully dated. And I'm sorry, I just didn't find it funny. Maybe it's a little too "wink wink, nudge nudge, look how fucking funny we are" for my taste (or too little? I can't tell) or I just didn't care all that much about the characters. Men in Black isn't great either, but at least I can say I liked it, while I felt completely cold about Ghostbusters.

Damn, tough choice

Ghostbusters

like MIB but ghostbusters by far

Really like Men In Black too but Ghostbusters is a classic.