Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

3 comments

9 comments

Two favorites from my childhood, TMNT really captured the atmosphere while part 2 brought more of the comedy from the animated series in, without a doubt TMNT wins.

Man, I just re-watched these. What a trip down memory lane. Part One, for sure.

Two words: Ninja. Rap.

Secret of the Ooze is very funny at parts, but is also very campy as well. I much prefer the better action and more straight forward story of the first TMNT.

Go ninja, go ninja, go!

The first movie is what brought these guys to life, and is the better of the two. So much more of a drama as well

Ah, to be young again.

Cowabunga!!!

JRM
JRM

I know I've seen them both . . . I just don't remember much about them. Lol. So I guess I'll just go with the original.

The first was the best. Man, is it bad that I still remember the words to the song that played during the pizza hut commercial before the TMNT movie began. "Up in the distance, the games dragging on....theres strikes on the batter, some runners are on...suddenly everyones looking at me, my mind started wondering what could it be, they point to the sky and I look up above as a baseball falls into my glove!" I'l stop there. But needless to say there was a time when I would watch this movie 2 or 3 times in a day...to be a kid again.

The original remains just as awesome to this day. The second one is decent but no where near as radical as the first.

So, it's come to this. And now I have to admit that I have way more fondness for the second one, even though they are both super re-watchable. "Look, it's Raph!" "Yeah, a little too Raph."

Like both, but the first part is the clearly winner.

The original movie wins. The second one can't even compare and should never have been made.

Rac
Rac

First one is really good mix of the original comic book, and the 80s cartoon. Underrated movie in the superhero & comic book genre. Second has it's moments, but was ultimately one of those rushed sequels.

Is it bad that I find II and III to still be the worst of the franchise?