Godzilla vs. Godzilla

2 comments

8 comments

I always told myself I enjoyed Emmerich's cheese-fest the first time I saw it. Rewatching it maybe five years ago, I realized my folly. I'll say this for Godzilla 2014: It's not even a fraction as stupid as Godzilla '98.

I go with the real remake, 98 remake sucked

They'll be people who pick the '98 one. But it won't be me...

It pretty much goes without saying that the new Godzilla is better. Generally more entertaining, less bloated, much more respectful to its source material and not as stupid (although it does have its stupid moments). The '98 version just seemed more concerned delivering a bigger version of Jurassic Park instead of being a proper Godzilla movie. I will give this to the '98 version though: at least Matthew Broderick had more personality to him than Aaron Taylor-Blandson.

Godzilla 2014. I liked the '98 one as a kid, but there's no denying its stupidity. The second remake is better.

I didn't care 4 both so I'll go with Godzilla... Haha left this on a Cliffhanger.

Both suck balls, but the 1998 version is definitely better than the 2014 turd.

Well, it was closer to the traditional Godzilla, but we shouldn't have to compare it to that. That version strayed too far. He doesn't look like Godzilla, he doesn't breathe fire, and he's killed by missiles.

Godzilla 2014 seems like something out of an apocalyptic nightmare; Godzilla 98 seems like something out of the vault of Tristar's rejected projects.

wins the 2014 because it was truly a truly Godzilla film compared to the 1998 one but for me this doesn't mean that I hated that film it's quite good but it's not really Godzilla 1998 rating 6.5 2014 rating 7