Born on the Fourth of July vs. Independence Day

10 comments

19 comments

It's July 4th and I get this match up. I don't think that's randomly generated.

Neither do I. I just got it too.

ha...clever.

NOBODY opens on July 4th like Will Smith.

second time today i got it...

As a veteran and a film fan, I have to go Born.

I have to go with Independence Day, because I am an idiot.

I never seen Born on the Fourth of July!

Born on the Fourth July features Tom Cruise's best performance so it gets the nod over Independence Day here.

Oh how RANDOM! XD BOTFOJ is the better movie (heck, it's a FANTASTIC movie), but I'd rewatch ID4 till the cows come home in a heartbeat. And I'm not even American!

I'll go with Will over Cruise on this one, even if I think that ID4 is quite overrated.

Can it be a coincidence that this came up as my first match-up on today, July 4th?

Is it by chance I got this comparison on July 4th?

I Keep Getting this and i've not seen Born on the 4th of July... Yet it still comes up every 2 or 3 picks.... its doing my nut in

Born on the Fourth July features Tom Cruise's best performance so it gets the nod over Independence Day here.

1st match up i get after i logged on , on 4th july 2012

yes think it was planned cute idea

Which is the best film to watch on the Fourth of July. It's Born on the Fourth of July.

I don't really feel I can compare the two fairly. Born on the Fourth of July is a powerful, resonant anti-war message, and is ultimately anchored by Tom Cruise's best performance. But it's also unfocused, meandering, and skips out a LOT of stuff that I wanted to know about Kovic e.g. in the end he went from being a disgruntled drunk straight to writing a novel, appearing on national TV etc. How did he get there? How was it organised? Who did he have to convince to help him? ID4 is a guilty pleasure of mine; it's loud, silly, jingoistic and ridiculous, but it's so much fun I just can't help love it. They're both excellent for different reasons, but on this occasion I'm going to go for ID4.

Why couldn't I get this matchup tomorrow. Ha Ha. It doesn't really matter I guess cause I've never seen Born on the 4th of July.

its fourth of July 2014 i do love watching ID4 and Will Smith kills summer blockbusters but Born on fourth of July might be Cruises best and its an amazing film!

ID was more fun.

born on the 4th is a better film, however I like watching independence day, we all want payback to our alien abduction.

Fun Fact: Tom Cruise was actually born on the 3rd of July. That's right, a movie lied to you.

I haven't seen Born on the 4th of July. By the way they had these match ups when you log in because its July 4th. No matter how many times you log in today you'll get this same match up. So HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY everybody on Flick Chart.

Happy 4th of July!

Fourth of July is my birthday!

I'm picking Independence Day for I am an idiot too. Fourth of July is toooo lonnnng. I do like it for sure but It drags on.

Born has better acting and a good story, but Day if fun. I"m back

I love Independence Day its really fun but by no means A real good movie while Tom Cruise excels and the movie as a whole is excellent So yes Born on the Fourth is my pick!

USA! USA! USA!

Independence Day

Independence Day for SURE. Happy 4th!!!

ID over a Tom Cruise snickerdoodle.

haha i love that this is the matchup i got today

This is a matchup I've been meaning to comment on for 3 years, I've just been waiting for the 4th of July. And now that the 4th of July has rolled around again I... don't know what to say... I will pick the more serious option in Born On The Fourth Of July!

ear
ear

The thought provoking and controversial Born on the Forth wins this American snapshot.

ear
ear

The thought provoking and controversial Born on the Fourth of July wins this American snapshot.

ear
ear

The thought provoking and controversial Born on the Fourth of July wins this American snapshot.