Bram Stoker's Dracula vs. Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles

6 comments

10 comments

oooooOO..A nice hard choice...gotta go with Interview though..amazing!

Keanu Reeves doing a British accent trumps long-haired Tom Cruise.

Oddly... BRAM STOKER'S DRACULA is aptly named, as I found it followed the novel more closely than any other adaptation, a few things aside. INTERVIEW is just a silly attempt to romanticize anything linked with immortality, even if it sucks. Pun intended.

Two of my faves, but I'm going with Interview.

Dracula all the way. Interview is a beautiful film, but Dracula is a sensual feast for the eyes. And on a character level, Dracula would rip Louis's whining throat out.

As much as dislike Tom Cruise, Interview with the Vampire is the better film. Dracula may be the film in which Winona is most winsome, there's nothing to quibble with in Gary Oldman's performance and I kinda liked Tom Waits, however... Beyond the accentastrophe, the interpretation of the novel manages to lumber from scene to scene without wit or charm. It rewrites Dracula's character to be somewhat more human than the humans. Or maybe that's Keanu's performance. I'm uncertain. Not good. I'll pick Interview.

I really prefer Bram Stokers Dracula here. Both great Vampire movies, but BSD is also visually stunning.

Easy "Interview" pick for me.

Dracula had too much style over substance--great style, but the substance was undercooked (not that Interview is perfect either, but I prefer its script). I quite enjoyed Oldman and Cruise's performances, but I felt that Keanu Reeves was miscast. Also, Dracula didn't have Dunst as a creepy vampire kid! Interview wins.

Both are solid vampire films with great acting (for the most part). I'll take Interview with the Vampire.

I enjoyed Bram Stoker's Dracula and give an 7.4. Interview is an disappointment, give an 5.4 out of 10

I loved Gary Oldman and the visual style of Dracula, but I'll take the more consistent performances and homoeroticism of Interview.

Dracula had a couple fun parts but it also had a lot of not so fun parts and storylines that didn't really seem to go anywhere. Interview is far better.

Interview by a mile. Better script, better cast, and a better ending. Even the pacing is better. But both best the Twilight crap.

Dracula

ear
ear

Interview is the superior vampire film but I love some aspects of Dracula despite Keanu's pathetic performance.