Schindler's List vs. The Godfather

6 comments

32 comments

JRM
JRM

Hmmm..

Tough one at first sight, but definitely The Godfather.

Epic match and why I set up an account at flickchart. Awesome films awesome match ups!

Seriously, who can make this choice

I can!

The Godfather by a mile

Godfather without a doubt.

Schindler's List wins this one for sure. The Godfather is a miserable gangster movie, I realy had great expectations for The Godfather, but then it turned out to be a bad movie with both bad story and bad acting, and there was not any action nor excitement, not even at the shooting scenes, and Godfather was TOO boring and lengthy. Godfather can only be discouraged. While Schindler's List is a movie that is based on a true story, and has better acting and better music.

The Godfather wins this by far. Schindler's list is up there though.

The Godfather, it the greatest movie of all time, Schindler's is close though and just as important

Schindler's List is tedious garbage in my eyes, the plot deteriorates and the characters aren't strong enough. The Godfather is the exact opposite.

The Godfather crushes. Schindler's List bored me so much

Godfather wins this one, Schindler's List is good, but not that good.

I found Schindler's list to be boring & lengthy

I'm gonna go with Schindler's List.

Don't forget that Oscar Schindler was a real person, and that he saved 1100 people from a terrible death. Schindler's List is by far superior better. Godfather is nothing but some old booring and lenghty piece of shit, with bad and booring story and no excitement nor good action either. Schindler's List wins by far.

Easy. The Godfather.

Godfather is absolutely perfect and one of the greatest films I have ever seen. Schindler's List is certainly the best film based on a true story I've seen and Spielberg's best, but Godfather is as good as it gets.

This is an extremely tough choice for me but for me personally, I think Schindler's list is the better film but I love both of them.

Schindler's List wins this way more compelling and condemn's Violence and hatred Masterfully while Godfather Glorify's it and its a great film but its starky and times flat both are in my top 35 films ever though.

Schindler's List is a very powerful film but The Godfather wins

The Godfather is just too damn good...

Schindler's List is one of the best films I have ever seen, but Godfather is perfect.

Amon Goeth and his nazi soldiers would totally destroy the mafias and gas them to death. Schindler's List for the world.

Don't forget that Oscar Schindler was a real person, and that he saved 1100 people from a terrible death. Schindler's List is by far superior better. Godfather is nothing but some old booring and lenghty piece of shit, with bad and booring story and no excitement nor good action either. Schindler's List wins by far.

Both are phenomenal works of art but The Godfather is a better film

The Godfather is the better film.

"Whoever saves one life, saves the world entire." Oskar Schindler is the one true hero.

Schindler's List wins easily.

The godfather will forever be in my top 100 but schindler's list will forever be in my top 10 .Schindler's list wins in my opinion

Both of these movies are winners but if i had to make a "sophie's choice" it would be The Godfather...

Holy shit, The Godfather is crushing. I mean, sure, it's The Godfather and even I'll pick The Godfather, but to see a film of such esteem as Schindler's List getting crushed was not quite what I expected.

Both are legendary movies, Schindler's List is incredible, definitely one of the best movies of all time. However, not even Schindler's List beats The Godfather for me.

Godfather has far better performances better charecters because More charecter Anarchy to it and we get To know those charecters better STORY has More To it and its "bigger" More memorible lines and there More deeper themes but schindler's list has better cinematography STORY is More powerful cause it actully happend and its not just entertaining but also history lesson and something that can change persons lifes so I say schindler's list is More powerful film but godfather is technicaly better film overrall

Both are amazing films that many consider to be the greatest of all time, but The Godfather is my all time favorite movie, so I will have to choose that one.

Going with TGF.

However unpopular this may be, for now, my vote goes to Schindler's List... barely, and I truly mean barely.

My number 1 vs number 2, it is Schindler list by the edge of a razorblade, these films are both so amazing

Jesus Christ, why is Schindler's List losing so badly? Both of these are technical masterpieces of cinema, can't go wrong with either. Although I truly do believe Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes beat Al Pacino and Marlon Brando, they may not better actors overall but they gave better performances here. I'll give Schindler's List the slight edge.

I adore both these movies, but yeah The Godfather edges out in literally every way. I think the acting is somewhat on par, tho I think Brando and Pacino narrowly edge out with their performances. I think the story is far more engaging and well-made dialogue and expertly implemented themes. I think it also looks better than Schindler's List, with gorgeous cinematography and every shot looking like a painting of sorts.

ear
ear

I think Schindler's List had a more emotional and powerful story to tell but I will give The Godfather a slight edge for the acting performances and the brilliant score and direction of Francis Ford Cappella.

ear
ear

Francis Ford Coppolo wins this match.

ear
ear

Francis Ford Coppola wins the match. I hate my spell check lol.

On rewatch, the match isn't as close. I feel like The Godfather just did everything right. Blocking and staging masterfully used, the lighting and overall cinematography is flawless, the screenplay tight, epic, and tragic, the characters complex and iconic, the acting brilliant on all sides. Schindler's List is the more emotionally crushing movie because of the subject matter, but as a movie I feel that The Godfather wins

WAM
WAM

The godfather is good but schindler's list is great

Schindler's list is a masterpiece but the godfather isn't om sorry but schindler's list wins

I love Schindler's List but how can it beat The Godfather?

2 Masterpieces. Who wins. Godfather is far more watchable and it wins by only a tiny TAD. Godfather by a point