Schindler's List vs. 2001: A Space Odyssey

3 comments

7 comments

This one I can't do. They're so different, and equally good in totally different ways.

How in the world am I supposed to choose between these two??!?!

I can't do this one.

Easy. Schindler's List is good, but has little to offer for spiritual or intellectual digestion. Whereas I dare you to find more than 5 movies on the level of 2001 in those areas. Both very good films though that I'd love to watch again, just 2001 is on a completely other level.

I get more from Schindler, even if 2001 may be better.

HOrroe movies of the 1950

Schlinder's List gets the small edge...

Sorry, 2001. LOL.

I'm going 2001, but only by a very little bit. Both are legendary.

Spielberg's second best (first being Raiders) vs Kubrick's best. Have to go with 2001!

It's quite pathetic to see Spielberg sharing his Kubrick anecdotes with such fondness and awe. He does this all the time in interviews: "Hey, Stanley and I used to have marathon telephone conversations, and we also had dinner together in England, and I remember Stanley saying that genius statement about toilets and nude extras." As if to have known the overrated jew-bag was like being in Jesus Christ's company.

I'll pick 2001. Schindler tells a very emotional story perfectly but 2001 does something much more rare: Inspiring our intelligence. It doesn't give the answers, it poses the questions. Plus it being 55 years old now proves how ridiculously far ahead of it's time it really was.