The Passion of the Christ vs. Juno

2 comments

2 comments

Gibson did a great job showing the anguish and pain that happened during the crucifixion, while Reitman was excellent as showing a family dealing with their daughter's unexpected pregnancy. But if I had to pick which one I would rather watch, Juno wins, just cause it doesn't make me cringe quite as much (with the exception of some questionable dialogue at the beginning.)

Eww...Both are cringe inducing...As much as I hate Juno, I have to admit, it at least has some sort of vaguely positive/humanitarian message as opposed to just being 2 hours of some dude being flogged.

The more I think about The Passion of The Christ, the more pissed off I get at how manipulative, brainless and self-righteous its message is. I don't buy the crucifixion story in the first place, so watching some guy get tortured to a pulp offers no appeal for me. I hate the movie Juno, not only for its irresponsible handling of the teen pregnancy issue but also for its obnoxious dialogue and characters. These are two of the worst movies of their decade. When it comes down to it, though, The Passion of The Christ is the most worthless and repugnant of the two.

If I have to pick sides between fast-talking tweeny wannabe hipsters and religious crazies I'm cracking open my bible.

I think Uncle Fok hates hipsters, even though he rarely speaks out against them and is generally quite reserved on the subject.

To be more exact "hipsters" don't exist, it's a marketing myth and I'm bothered by people who embrace it because they have the personality of a sponge, but that doesn't make me seem any less fixated I guess.