The Matrix Reloaded vs. Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones

8 comments

5 comments

arrrg! cant i just have these two movies removed from existence? again, just because i care more about sw in the first place, i'm more bothered by it being tainted with such disappointing follow ups...

Two terrible sequels, I see. If we're talking about which one's more watchable. I have to give it to Reloaded. It's still fun to watch, like lots of fun, and honestly the Matrix sequels are a lot more watchable than people give them credit for. Especially Reloaded.

Ha! I just had ATOC vs. The Matrix Revolutions! This choice is even easier. (Matrix wins in both cases.) Say what you will about the Matrix sequels, that freeway chase just rocks.

Star Wars-aholic, but even I know when to say "No." Reloaded crushes Clones.

matrix reloaded = dumb. attack of the clones = very bad, borderline terrible. I'll go with the Matrix Reloaded.

Both pretty underrated sequels, but Reloaded gets the nod.

Reloaded is just confused and a bit dopey and doesn't meet the standard of the original, but it still has its fair share of entertaining setpieces. AotC is absolutely dreadful. Its alleged plot lurches between dull CGI busyness and an excruciating romance between two characters with the combined personality of a hat rack.

Say what you will about the Star Wars prequels, but none of them are boring. The Matrix Reloaded is BORING.

I think you need to rewatch Star Wars episode 1, its abolutely terrible. The Matrix sequal haters, I am convinced, just are biased towards the original and dont take the other 2 into consideration. The whole series is great

The Matrix Reloaded has a messiah taking on 50 copies of a besuited man, evil albino kung-fu experts, and Furious Styles destroying a car with a katana and a machine pistol. You can say whatever you want about it not measuring up to its predecessor, but I don't think "boring" is an apt description of it. That Architect scene is a bit much though. Did the Wachowskis REALLY think the average American moviegoer was gonna have any idea what the fuck that guy was going on about? My mom was already lost (she still doesn't get the first one, despite it being on of her favorite movies), but she was like "fuck this shit" when the Colonel started talking. Boring, huh? Not picking on you, but I'd really like to hear what you find boring about it. Honestly. Just for the sake of discussion.

Reloaded is several shades of dumb with a lot of corny thrown in for good measure... BUT... the Merovingian, the Architecht, Seraph (dat's dat Colin motherfuckin' Chou doe), Monica B, the freeway chase, the suits, the music... that's some good ish. There's a lot of bad ish there too, not gonna lie, but it's a time killer.

Episode 1 & 2 are among the worst movies ever made.

Both are underrated. I'm going with Attack of the Clones here though.

I will always maintain that The Matrix Reloaded was only an edit away from greatness. Attack of the Clones needed at the very least a rewrite!

Reloaded is good, just not on the level of the original. Clones is better than Phantom but pretty mediocre