Showgirls vs. Juno

0 comments

2 comments

I still wonder how anybody ever picks Showgirls over any movie. But I bet I've probably done it myself. What a disaster that film was.

ear
ear

I actually liked Showgirls and enjoy its campy excess. Juno is a fun movie but Ellen Page gets on my nerves. Juno is the better film but it is as overated as Showgirls is underated.

There comes a time in a man's life (and maybe a woman's... I'm not sure, I've never been one) where he must draw a line in the sand. On one side, there are movies about smartassed pregnant teenagers. On the other are movies about women who are just as at home working the pole as they are beating rapists into bloody pulps. That star Elizabeth Berkley. Don't give me any namby-pamby nonsense about the merits of both types of movies; you need to grow a pair and decide once and for all. Making the correct choice means that you can hold your head up high and be a respectable citizen. The wrong choice means a life of shame, and, if my state representative takes my advice, immediate deportation (if you're not a US citizen, the CIA might have to get involved).