The Rock vs. Speed

6 comments

7 comments

Two very Fun movies, I'll pick Speed

The Rock is by far the best Michael Bay movie, but Speed has a way, way more badass villain.

Oh man, these are definitely my two favorite '90s action movies. Michael Bay is never going to do anything nearly as good as The Rock, but Speed is...well, it's Speed. And it owns.

Two great 90's action films. Classics for sure, but Speed has been a bigger part of me.

My opinion of Speed has dropped a bit over the years. It's still good, but its flaws have become more glaring to me. The Rock, however, is still all kinds of awesome. WELCOME TO THE ROCK!

I feel the testosterone levels rising.

I'm picking The Rock.

Die Hard on a bus beats Die Hard on an island. Ed Harris's character was wasted in The Rock. Once Sean Connery points out that he is not a killer, but merely a soldier, that ruined it for me. In a decade full of mindless, cheesy flicks, Speed stands out as being one of the best (behind Terminator 2 of course). At the end of the day, The Rock did nothing to stand out. for me. Speed wins.

I gotta go with The Rock. I always felt Speed slipped a bit after the bus was ditched...

Both great 90s action flicks. Speed is kinda like "How to make a good action movie for dummies" in that it uses every action / suspense trick in the book. I guess that's both a strength and a weakness of the movie? I dunno. But anyway, if you want to (re)create a typical but entertaining (90's) action film, you HAVE to see Speed. I'm going with The Rock, for a few reasons. It's slightly more entertaining, it has Nic Cage AND Sean Connery, it has a fantastic car chase and I liked Hans Zimmer's score. And oh, yeah, it didn't have that "yokel" guy from Speed. *Shivers*

THE ROCK owns this one, and I don't even have to think about it. In fact, I daresay it's one of several truly important pre-9/11 films from the Clinton 90s that reflects what our peacetime views used to be.

This is a tough one... Speed: Stars Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock, Written by Joss Whedon The Rock: Stars Nicolas Cage and Sean Connery, Written by Aaron Sorkin and Quentin Tarantino I have to give the slight edge to "Speed" for having a more enjoyable villain

This is Speed for me although I loved both when I was young. Speed has aged better for me, I still find that plot to be very unique. 90's action was amazing was it not? Face/Off, Broken Arrow, Con Air, T2, Lethal Weapon 3 and 4. Die Hard 2 and 3. Ugh miss those days

I can imagine the cast and crew of The Rock. Director: Jan de Bont Producers: Don Simpson and Jerry Bruckheimer Writers: David Hayter and Jonathan Hensleigh Cast: Keanu Reeves, Harrison Ford, Sandra Bullock, Ian McDiarmid, Bruce Davison, Cillian Murphy Executive producers: Walter F. Parkes, Laurie MacDonald Cinematography: Bill Pope Production designer: Rick Carter Film editor: Bob Duscay Costume designer: Joanna Johnston Music: Hans Zimmer, Mark Mancina Casting: Joanna Colbert and Debra Zane Studio: Don Simpson/Jerry Bruckheimer Films Distributor: Paramount Pictures