The Rock vs. True Lies

3 comments

6 comments

Action classics. I really think this is Arnie's best film. Yet, The Rock works watch after watch.

One of Arnies best. True Lies wins this one.

This is so close that I have to flip a coin. In fact, both movies are in my top 20 right now.

True Lies whines about its best. The Rock goes home and f**ks the prom queen.

One of the few times I'll disagree with my man Caesar. The Rock is awesome...but True Lies brings the total package.

The Rock's fun. One of Michael Bay's better movies. But True Lies slays it. Just slays it. Rarely (in fact, almost never) does a movie do both halves of the action-comedy genre perfectly, but that's exactly what Cameron did. Moment after moment, True Lies is fucking aces. The opening chase, Bill Paxton in the car and in his boxers, the horse chase, akimbo Arnie, the jet... It's perfect. Perfect, I say!

I really didn't care much about True Lies. It's a fun action-comedy 'n all, but did it really have to be as long as it was? Besides, I didn't think it was all that funny. Sure, humor is subjective and whatnot, but I groaned more than I actually laughed. The Rock is flawed, but it is a lot of fun. That car chase and the fact that it stars both Connery AND Cage alone puts it above True Lies for me. Yeah, it's long too, but at least the movie doesn't spend a good third of its running time on a subplot I don't care about.

The Rock is my choice as well.

Love them both but True Lies wins