The Bourne Identity vs. Jack Reacher

1 comments

2 comments

2012 was just a great fucking year for movies. Perhaps the best since 99. Jack Reacher pisses all over Bourne. Whips his dick out and lets fly with the golden shimmery shower. Voids his bladder all over Bourne's face. No retention there. Nope. Just covers him in the sickness. But Bourne's good too. Good, but covered in Jack Reacher's urine.

Jack Reacher was definitely a fun time at the theatre. It's slapstick badassery. I think I enjoyed it more than most and I'd be happy for it to be the start of a franchise, but The Bourne Identity easily gets my pick. Not even a contest for which is the better movie.

Jack Reacher. Flirts with *depth*, *insight* and *profundity* (retarded terminology). Never indulges. No pretensions. Fucks pseudo intellectualism in the ass. Disregards bullshit cinematic sententae. Flirts. Doesn't indulge. Deus ex machina for humour. Possibly transgressive genre satire. Subverts tropes/pandering. Plays to emotion only to piss on sentimentality. Bypasses romance and sap. No anti-hero. Not even Byronic. Not hero either. No nonsense. Stable cam. Ethics of jurisprudence in an inherently post-positivist field. Suprising decolletage. TC at his cool best. Humour. Intelligence without severity. Sequel not needed.

Bourne identity definitely.

bourne by a wide margin.