Chinatown vs. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

1 comments

8 comments

This is a terribly hard decision for me to make.

What was more unsettling about Chinatown? The incest revelation or Faye Dunaway's eyebrows? Seriously, those eyebrows freaked me out. Anyway, back to the matchup at hand. I still don't really get the hype surrounding Chinatown. It's an okay film, nothing more. Meanwhile, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly has great characters played by some legendarily badass actors, a musical score for the ages, and just a general air of awesomeness to it. Is there even any doubt which film wins here?

Screw eyebrows.

I have to agree with Cesar, TGTBATU is far better in my book.

Terrific contest. TGBU for me.

This is another easy win for TGTBATU.

I'm freaking out! Two of the best films I've ever seen! Sorry, Chinatown but I'm going with TGTBTU.

Clint over Jack in this one...

As good as Chinatown is, it's just not on the level of The Good, the Bad and the Ugly epicness.

Great matchup and both are in my top 15! Chinatown is my kind of film and one of the most compelling mysteries I've ever seen but The Good, The Bad and The Ugly is almost unbeatable! The characters, the music, the sets, the filmmaking, EVERYTHING IS SO, SO EPIC! I don't want to take anything away from Chinatown which I loved the hell out of that movie as well!