Avengers: Infinity War vs. Apocalypse Now

13 comments

14 comments

Sci-fi yes but as intense and frankly far more entertaining. Avengers wins.

Rac
Rac

Crazy. Infinity War is just fun stuff, Apocalypse Now is a goddamn cinematic masterpiece, and a classic.

ear
ear

Ditto......

Take a bow Marvel. You made a freakin masterpiece.

The one with the big "evil" bald guy on the poster, who actually has pretty good arguments for his controversial ideology. I mean Apocalypse Now is obviously the more "important" film here, but really I found the film kind of boring. Maybe I'd adore it if I saw the non-redux version, but from what I remember of the redux I thought some set pieces were amazing, and others were fucking boring commentaries on shit I don't care about. I'll take the silly, but totally awesome Infinity War.

ear
ear

The non-redux version is preferred.

Infinity War is a fun time at the movies but it doesn’t compare to Apocalypse Now (I've only ever seen the non-Redux version)

Marvel's 'Avengers: Infinity War' did even better in final weekend numbers than the record-setting preliminaries indicated, grossing $257.7M to set a domestic opening record, and setting a worldwide record with a whopping $630M. Yeah, an all-time instant classic and everyone knows it after only three days.

Rac
Rac

That's like saying the Transformers movies are good because they made a shitload of money.

"That Up There... That's The Endgame." - Iron Man

The "most epic" movie of all time goin' against some childish mindless fun. As much as I like Infinity War, and I do, it just doesn't compare to Apocalypse Now, which is one of the best experiences I had in my life. Infinity War was kinda of an experience as well, because of its so-called "messy" structure. Imho, it was more of a chaotic structure, which was GREAT. Well well well, I do think Infinity War was great, but it just won't touch Apocalypse Now, classic OR Redux version.

Apocalypse now.

Infinity War is clearly the better film.

Apocalypse Now.

Avengers: Infinity War is more epic, better filmed and far more entertaining and thrilling.

Avengers: Infinity War is more epic, better filmed and far more entertaining and thrilling.

Infinity War is greatness awesomeness on every level.

Apocalypse now easily

Infinity War by miles.

Infinity War wins....

Infinity War easily beats any entire war movie.

Infinity War is a great movie and is very entertaining, and probably my favourite Marvel movie. But it can't hold a candle to Coppola' masterpiece. Apocalypse Now wins by a mile.

Infinity War beats this round in every way.

Infinity War owns this for sure.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahab

Infinity War confirmed greatness. Yeah, an all-time instant classic and everyone knows it after only three YEARS.

Apocalypse Now is one of the all time great movies ever. It feels like a crime to compare it to Infinity War of all things

Infinity War is overrated

Infinity War is a piece of shit

Apocalypse Now is a masterpiece