Star Trek vs. Watchmen

9 comments

7 comments

Star Trek was great fun. Watchmen was a bit of a mess. It's not hard to choose.

Watchmen has a really great story that sadly didn't fully translated well into a movie. Star Trek was great

Star Trek felt shallow in comparison to Watchmen. Both the source material and the film, in Watchmen's case, have far more depth than Star Trek could ever dream of. Star Trek seemed on the verge of making a statement the entire film, while Watchmen made one.

Okay, I liked Watchmen, and the Star Trek script is full of giant plot holes, but I have to go with Trek for two big reasons: First of all (and it's not insignificant), I'm a major Trekkie. That means that, even though this new one is not nearly the best Star Trek movie, another film has to be pretty dang good to beat it. And second, it's a lot more fun than Watchmen, even with all the plot holes. I have to admit: I only saw the Director's Cut of Watchmen, and I have to say, I don't know what the heck could have been cut out of that movie to shorten it to 2 1/2 hours for the theater....

Highly enjoyed both films, but for now I'm going with 'Watchmen'. It might change once I've seen both films one more time, for the moment I quite liked Zack Snyder's vision of 'Watchmen'.

This isn't even a choice a crushing letdown (watchmen) or a complete surprise (star trek)? hmmmm....

Star Trek by a mile. Watchmen was the most incoherent movie of the year.

WATCHMEN was more ambitious, but it's hard to enjoy because of the distorted politics, and impossible to appreciate as art because it's a piece of shit. STAR TREK aims lower but had me grinning like a kid for two hours.

Watchmen was the biggest disappointment of the year meanwhile Star Trek is one of the best movies of the year!

I really like both,but Watchmen is my choice.

Yeah, "Watchmen" had some problems, but it was still a hell of a lot better than "Star Trek." When are people going to wake up and realize Abrams is a hack?

I wasn't all that impressed by the story in Star Trek. Watchmen was sexier and visually more interesting.

Theres no way the new Star Trek beats Watchmen. The conflict between the protagonist and antagonist was so underdeveloped and the movie was over after the first time they even encountered. Not to mention the lousy script, bad storyline and piss poor acting. Watchmen is by far the superior movie.

I pretty much agree with kingofpain and joeydvo.

Star Trek beats Watchmen. Not particularly close in my opinion....

I thoroughly enjoyed Star Trek. I was never a Trekkie and never watched the series when I was growing up, but I still enjoyed it. I loved Watchmen though.

watchmen was too confusing, but still good. Star trek was just pure awesome action and just great

Watchmen Wins for me

Love Watchmen a lot, but I love Star Trek even more