Thor vs. Prometheus

3 comments

6 comments

Thor

Prometheus is mediocre, but at least it is entertainingly mediocre. Thor irks me quite a bit- one of Marvel's worst in my opinion (Though I haven't seen Daredevil or Elektra).

Yeah, you haven't seen bad until you've seen Daredevil or Elektra.

Thor is an exceptional film. It really is almost perfect given the subject and the story arc that needed to be told. Prometheus managed to make some people think that TDKR was only the second most disappointing film of 2012. That says a lot right there.

"Hey kids, tired of all that rich character development and rich storytelling from Beauty and the Beast not for you? Then just pick up the flat-as-a-pancake, bare bones version, Thor. It's like Beauty and the Beast, with an unbeLIEVable 95% of the character development and plot slashed off to cater to the lowest common denominator. Just purchase your favorite drink at the concession stand, and when you're done, use the empty container for a convenient drool-cup.

Why does LIEV stand out for? Is Liev Schreiber involved somehow?

Nin
Nin

On ideas alone, Prometheus is better than Thor could ever hope to be.

It's true that Prometheus was more ambitious than Thor, but the movie was still a bit of a misfire. Against all odds (the movie could have easily been a disaster), Thor actually worked. It's the better movie.

These are both awful. Prometheus is less awful.

Prometheus, the only thing that did anything for me with Thor was Natalie Portman's performance.

Liked both. Thor actually kinda surprised me. I'm going with that.

I enjoy Thor more than most MCU movies, but this isn't even close, Prometheus wins.