Pinocchio vs. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

5 comments

6 comments

Walt Disney's first and second animated features. My memory of Pinocchio is, sadly, too rusty. I'm going to have to go with Snow White, at least for now....

JRM
JRM

Pinocchio is among Disney's greatest. Snow White is a fine film, but the whole damsel in distress aspect about it turns me off a bit.

I keep bouncing back and forth on this one.

Pinocchio.

Pinocchio is more beautiful, but Snow White has the better story. I think it helps that it has a combination of everything, and although Pinocchio is a great film itself (The Pleasure Island sequence can give you nightmares long afterwards), it doesn't hold a candle to Snow White's superb storytelling. It moves fast and never stops for anything (and even when it seems like it does, it does it for purpose and character development). Snow White wins, but Pinocchio put up a hell of a fight though.

Pinocchio has a classic a more memorable score than Snow. Heck, even the Disney Cruise Ships blast "When you Wish Upon a Star" as their horn! The score makes or breaks a movie for me, and as much as I love the story and the fact that Snow was first, Pinocchio is the better picture for me. Plus I always loved Jimmny Cricket.

Really close.

Snow White. Magic mirror on the wall, who is the fairest one of all

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs is better, even the dwarfs. I used to watch Pinocchio a few times as a kid, but it's scary.

snow white

Pinocchio is better.

Snow White is one legendary masterpiece

So for me, Snow White is a distant classic that I didn't like because the main character wasn't made very well, but Pinocchio was truly one of the most beautiful Disney classics ever