The Conversation vs. Apocalypse Now

2 comments

7 comments

Coppola's two masterpieces that don't contain the word 'Godfather'. I'll give the slight edge to The Conversation, but I don't really have a good reason.

For me, it's Apocalypse Now all the way. The Conversation didn't impress me at all.

The Conversation, while i appreciate Apocalypse Now i watch The Conversation a lot more and with more enjoyment

Apocalypse Now will be remembered as one of the best war films of all time. The Conversation is "that boring Best Picture nominee".

The Conversation is excellent, but it can't compete with Apocalypse Now.

I just have to go the other way on this one. The Conversation delivered more than I expected...

Apocalypse Now is epic in its visuals and its scope. In that respect, The Conversation cannot compare, as fantastic a film as it is. Apocalypse Now takes the win.

Saw both these films recently, Apocalypse Now went in my top ten, The Conversation didn't but that doesn't mean it isn't an excellent flick. Seeing these has definitely gotten me even more excited to watch the Godfather movies.

The Conversation was pretty good, but a bit of a let down for me. It can't compete with Coppola's other 3 70's films which all rank among my all time favorites. Apocalypse Now crushes.

Too bad Francis Ford Coppola has just produced two really great movies to date. Still gotta check The Outsiders though. As good as The Conversation is, Apocalypse Now is simply too much of a masterpiece. It'll beat almost everything for me, except those movies that hold a higher nostalgic feeling and of course "Parasite." Coppola's signature movie wins here by a lot and I really liked The Conversation. They should have dropped a homophobic joke though.