Avengers: Age of Ultron vs. The Dark Knight

26 comments

31 comments

Let it begin

Come on. Age of Ultron.

Man, SquareMaster went to THE PREMIERE to see Avengers 2! If he isn't a DEDICATED DIE-HARD MARVEL FAN, then I don't know WHO is!

SquareMaster loves Marvel. Isn't his favorite movie The Avengers?

WORLD WAR IV IS COMING (since the original Avengers vs. DK was WWIII), SOMEBODY BRING THE POPCORN

AverageMovieBuff, SquareMaster love Avengers, but her favorite film is Thor: The Dark World.

Ha ha ha dannny237 that was good

Ultron and The Joker working together against Justice League and The Avengers would be super neat! The Dark Knight crushes...

Quicksilver was dead and Hulk escape.

Age of Ultron has a lot of ideas and some pay off but a lot don't. The dialogue was pretty weak but the movie flowed quite well. The Dark Knight is a better movie though with most of these elements paying off.

TDK does indeed crush here, whuch saddens me a little. AoU is still good, amazing in parts even, but there's a lot of excess fat that needed to be edited out. Perhaps I'll return with a bit more detail at a later day, but for now I'll just say "Fuck yo' shoehorned romance, yo!"

which* date*

The Dark Knight, without a doubt.

I don't like The Dark Knight nearly as much as I used to, but it still wins this one.

I'll go with The Dark Knight, but I still loved Age of Ultron.

Less exciting then Captain America 2 vs Dark Knight, that's sad. I was looking forward to more hate mail. But to the point at hand. Avengers 2 was the second best Marvel movie behind the first one. AND it's better than Batman Begins and Dark Knight Rises. But not this one, Dark Knight is pretty great. Both are too long and have too much thrown in but it doesn't really matter since they are both still amazing. So batman wins this.

Universally regarded by the intelligent masses as the greatest cinematic achievement of the 21st century, The Dark Knight stands tall as the single greatest comic book film ever made. An instant 5 star modern classic that harkens back to the rich storytelling days of The Godfather and Lawrence of Arabia. The performances are simply out of this world, with the late great Heath Ledger's Joker becoming THE bar to which all movie villains are measured, and Aaron Eckhart and Gary Oldman each contributing lifetime achievement level performances, with everyone else rounding off the cast nicely. Christian Bale (tied with Daniel Day-Lewis as our greatest modern actor) gives a subtle yet menacing performance reminiscent of Al Pacino in his role as Michael Corleone; Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman provide great character moments as well as subtle, sophisticated humor that is delivered with far greater execution than most films that try to cram as much unnecessary slapstick as possible (i.e. Transformers, Avengers) An iconic masterpiece of cinema and a phenomenal triumph of storytelling, The Dark Knight is a truly epic film that tops any other contribution to the genre by leaps and bounds, no matter how many jealous fanboys of rival companies bang their heads in frustration over their own failure to reach this level of relevance.

I just can't get enough of the MCU. TDK is probably "better," but I would be content watching Ultron more often...

Avengers was awesome. Dark Knight wins though.

Both fall under rather dull, bland, and uninteresting labels that I have used to describe so many of this kind. Superhero films, from the way one such as myself may view it, are overly-cheesy and ridiculous concepts that fall very short is their expectancy to amaze. However, if I had to pick one I suppose that I'd lean towards...

The Dark Knight wins. Ultron was a decent film, but it certainly wasn't the best in the MCU franchise, and even the best of those couldn't top TDK in my opinion.

Age of Ultron is far better sequel in every sense of the word. It is Matrix of the Marvel, who too deserve the same ?/10 of Matrix.

Age of Ultron has Joss Whedon. Joss Whedon worked in Toy Story. It's definitely Ultron.

CaptMarvelous didn't like Dark Knight and love Age of Ultron as a 14 boy. SquareMaster didn't like Age of Ultron and love Dark Knight as a 1 boy.

Age of Ultron is based on Marvel property. Dark Knight is based on DC. Marvel beats DC!

Age of Ultron has Ultron, and Ultron was on comic book Secret Wars.

SquareMaster prefer Dark Knight, i'll go prefer Age of Ultron for this case!

I hate superhero flicks, but i have to pick Age of Ultron. SquareMaster is on the other hand!

I hate superhero flicks, but i have to pick Age of Ultron. SquareMaster is on the other hand!

Age of Ultron has fantastic visuals, who just Guillermo del Toro's Hellboy can beat.

This came close to Dark Knight vs the first Avengers! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Dark Knight by the power of a quindecillion suns!!!

Dark Knight by the power of a quindecillion suns!!!

Not this again...

Age of Ultron is getting better reviews nowadays, Dark Knight are called overrated nowadays.

here we go again, Age of Ultron wins here.

You don't has to care if my comment is on Dark Knight side, but SquareMaster is just a dumb who didn't comment relevant things. Just repeat the comment again and again.

Keep commenting, SpongeBob SquarePants. You're a _____

Age of Ultron is superior in every way, but The Dark Knight is fantastic!

Plot & Acting-The Dark Knight Action, Diaolgue, Directing, VFX, SFX, Soundtrack, Epicness and Spectacle-Avengers: Age of Ultron

Obviously the dark knight, age of ultron is fine but were messy of the entire of the film.

TDK and it’s not even remotely close.

Age of Ultron is far better and it’s not even remotely a debate.

I find it unfair that this marvel guy has spammed the same comment and we can't comment it again.

I find it unfair that this marvel guy has spammed the same comment and we can't comment it again.

more than half of aou's votes are by danny smh, tdk all day long it's far better

Avengers just does everything better. Better cast better themes better characters.

I don't how this is even close, like at all. The Dark Knight is better by light years.

Have to agree, Avengers is better on every level. All of them. Every film.

TDK is much better, the Marvel fanboys are delusional like they spam here.

i rewatched aou and i loved it so much it's on my top 10, still doesn't top TDK tho

Age of Ultron is the worst Avengers film, while TDK is easily above all the Avengers films.

Avengers anything destroys any Batman film ever made.

You can't be serious about that ??

If you add all marvel movies in one marvel movie, it will still be easily beaten by the dark knight by miles

If you add all marvel movies in one marvel movie, it will still be easily beaten by the dark knight by miles

This comparison is an insult to Dark Knight.

No comparison. Avengers Age of Ultron is the superior movie and far far more entertaining.

more entertaining maybe, superior movie? hell no it's more flawed than TDKR and almost Endgame

lol for me The Dark Knight is both leagues more entertaining and less flawed than Age of Ultron.

The Avengers franchise simply did everything better.

i prefer avengers 1,3,4 to dark knight, but this one doesn't beat it

Age of ultron is an average movie, the dark knight by miles

The dark knight is simply better than everything marvel has ever produced

Avengers does the genre proud. It's just bigger and better. Period.

TDK easily beats avengers 1,2,4 and beats IW in a close match

Dark Knight so easily, the only reason this match is close is because of spammers.

Shouldn't even be close, Age of Ultron is the best of the Avengers movies but you really can't compare it to any Nolan films.

TDK easy takes the effort

So... A disappointing MCU film vs. the best superhero film of all time... If you're gonna make a comparison, actually THINK about which movies would be comparable

I just saw someone say several stupid things that Christian Bale was on par with Daniel Day-Lewis, that Bale's performance is even remotely on par with Al Pacino's performance as Michael Corleone, and that TDK is the best movie of the 21st century "universally". First of all, literally nobody puts Bale on par with Day-Lewis. It isn't even close between them. Daniel is in the argument for the best actor of all time, Bale isn't. As well as that, Bale's performance isn't even remotely near Al Pacino's as Michael Corleone. It isn't nearly as nuanced, layered, or complex as Pacino's and doesn't evoke nearly the same amount of tragedy by comparison. As for TDK being the peak of the 21st century, you could argue it for sure, but the common consensus is that There Will Be Blood is head and shoulders above the rest of the 21st century films. As for the actual comparison between the two. The Dark Knight is just way better on literally every single level