Toy Story 2 vs. How to Train Your Dragon 2

1 comments

4 comments

it frankly would feel 2 sacrilegious to vote against toy story just yet I will have to wait a couple months and see if Dragon 2 still holds up as well

This is insane! HttyD2 really hits it with the good soundtrack, awesome emotional moments, and taking the great gamble with Stoick's death. On the other hand, TS2 really hits it out with the slowly developing and revealing villain, cool and good villains ("I am your father" XD LOL @ Star Wars reference), and very humorous. HttyD2 deserves special recognition for a shocking death and good further development of relationships; TS2 deserves special recognition for being pretty much every bit as awesome as the first movie. HttyD2 also has a good resonating ending. Yet, I feel like TS2 still wins out, because of Jessie's nice, emotional back-story, and even though the Zorg+Buzz "playing catch" was a plot hole, the humor managed to cover it up quite well. Thus I must agree, this is tough, HttyD2 is truly a good movie, but IMO TS2 wins this one.

hmmm...thinking of this again, I must admit that both movies do match up or even exceed their first movies. But when it comes to which is better--Jessie's sad backstory or Hiccup's father's death--you gotta admit, Dragon has slightly more heart.

TS2 no contest.

HTTYD 2 wins against Toy Story 2. Toy Story 1 beats HTTYD 1 though.

HTTYD-2 WINS FOR ME

HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON-2

Really love both sequels, but I gotta say HTTYD2 is a better sequel