Hot Fuzz vs. Braveheart

6 comments

2 comments

Braveheart had like 1 good scene...

Hot Fuzz makes me laugh out loud, Brave Heart makes me snore even louder. Great musical score though.

Heathens, I say! "Braveheart"--historical inaccuracies and connotations of Mel Gibson's anti-Semitic views aside--is a cinematic triumph. It is the last of the true epics, made before CGI rendered such large scale films entirely artificial. Combat scenes are astounding, the locations are gorgeous, the cast is terrific--particularly Sophie Marceau and Patrick McGooghan--and it features some of the greatest macho dialog of its era. I thoroughly adore "Hot Fuzz," which gets better each time I see it, but there's just no way it bests "Braveheart."

Yeah there is only 1 film that is better than Braveheart and that is Shawshank Redemption. Love Hot Fuzz but it does not compare to Braveheart.

I'm not a big "Shawshank" fan. I think it's well-constructed, the performances are solid, etc. but I never really emotionally responded to it. And, despite how much I enjoy and respect "Braveheart," it's not even in my top 20 at the moment.

Braveheart is fine, but I've never considered it more than a slightly atypical historical action movie. Hot Fuzz, on the other hand, is one of the most original comedies of the 2000s.

Hot Fuzz. Braveheart is a bit overrated, but good.

Nicholas and PC Danny over William Wallace...

Laughable. Braveheart>Hot Fuzz