Nightcrawler vs. Birdman

6 comments

2 comments

Both phenomenal, original and totally inventive movies from 2014. Nightcrawler was very tense at times and Lou Bloom is a very interesting and morbidly charismatic character but Birdman seemed to be more consistent with the atmosphere it created, it's cinematography is interesting enough to captivate an audience and the acting, script and all other components just compile onto the film's quality and it beats Nightcrawler.

Both great films and among the years finest, but I got to go with Nightcrawler. Also Gyllenhaal's performance > Keaton's.

AverageMovieBuff said it perfectly so I don't need to say anything more. Birdman.

One minute of Lou Bloom is better than two hours of Riggan Thomson.

Two great films that feature the two best male performances of the year. Birdman gets my vote.

Nightcrawler is really good but if you take away Gyllenhaal's performance the film really loses something. I feel like Birdman was the best overall.

Birdman by a hair. Though Nightcrawler is a masterpiece.

Nightcrawler had a more interesting story.

Nightcrawler.

Nightcrawler without a second thought...

HOW CAN YOU NOT BIRDMAN!?!?! I know that's not a real argument, so I will explain I feel like Birdman had a better soundtrack even with the limits it set itself When Rick was dying and the music in the background was angel music, weird AF, took me right out Birdman's performances were all great and the reason I feel they're better than Nightcrawlers was because ever thing had to be timed 100% to a point, with super long takes, very specific possitioning, and with all this to worry about, the performances were still very prominent in 2014. Birdman could be watched with many many different intentions, you could watch a satire commentary, a character study, or just see it as a comedy. I could watch much more times than Nightcrawler