First Blood vs. Westworld

1 comments

1 comments

Two killing machines that currently happen to be ranked adjacent to each other on my ranking. Westworld is great. If there was ever a Western star who just looks infallible and robotic in his intensity, it's Yul Bryner. You know he's going to get you. He makes an awesome machine. Although I'm not a fan of Stallone or the Rambo franchise, this is different. It shows us a man unable to fit into society, who also happens to be able to take out most of society should it show up with guns and dogs wanting to take him into custody. It's got more social commentary than Westworld, edging it into the lead. First Blood wins.

Westworld or First Blood? Westworld is a science fiction western from long before Cowboys and Aliens and features Yul Brunner, a great actor. First Blood introduced us to John Rambo back when he was human and not action star caricature. Remember when Stallone actually used his acting skills? This is one of those films. Both have their flaws but are still great films. For now, I have to go with Westworld.