Blade Runner 2049 vs. Mad Max: Fury Road

2 comments

1 comments

Both use music and visuals to win most match-ups. I'm really tied up between these two! A shame to vote for the popcorn fun of Fury Road over the artful composition of 2049, but that feels like the easiest tie-breaker.

Blade Runner 2049 is one of the greatest movies of all time from every perspective, and so is Mad Max: Fury Road. However, I think BR2049’s overall narrative is more memorable. So Blade Runner 2049 > Mad Max: Fury Road

Both are slightly overrated but I believe Blade Runner 2049 was better

Mad Max: Fury Road is a brilliant adrenaline bomb every time I see it. The action is crazy, Fury Road is one of the greatest action films of all time, it has some of the craziest and best action sequences in a movie you'll ever see! This movie is such a msterpiece BUT Blade Runner 2049 was incredible in every way.. That is one of the best films of the 21st century so far and an absolute all-timer in sci-fi. It is incredibly hard to choose but I will choose 2049 because of the atmosphere, the hypnotic travel through this movie is masterful. The story is not one of those "wooah!" scripts but it is still interesting and also there are a few twists in the movie that make it even better. Zimmer and Wallfisch made a really memorable soundtrack, Deakins' cinematography was 10/10 and this was one of the most gorgeus films I've ever seen. The performances were okay, but two of the actors made an incredible job while performing these characters: Harrison Ford as Deckard and Sylvia Hoeks as Luv. Winner (for me): BR2049

Blade Runner 2049 is a meditative take on cinema, modernism and technology. Mad Max Fury Road was a good action film but I wished for a bigger story and better acting, and I admired the visuals, the cinematography. Blade Runner wins.