Moonrise Kingdom vs. Rushmore

4 comments

2 comments

So many of my friends are Wes Anderson, but I can't seem to get into his movies. I just came back from seeing Moonrise Kingdom, and while I enjoyed the scenery, soundtrack, and cast, I'm having difficulty processing the movie as a whole. I had a similar experience with Rushmore when I watched it a few years back. I'd give the edge in this matchup to Moonrise Kingdom, though, just because the characters are so much more sympathetic.

Moonrise easy, my second fave Anderson flick while Rushmore is my 5th fave

Rushmore used to be my favorite Wes Anderson movie. Until I saw Moonrise Kingdom this past summer, which blew it away. Anderson has made his most accessible movie to date. It's absolutely captivating and is supremely entertaining, and each and every performance has their moment to shine, but those two kids steal the whole movie as they should and make it their own. Moonrise Kingdom wins this matchup big!

Moonrise Kingdom is my second favorite Anderson film, Rushmore is my one of my least favorites.

I simply liked Rushmore, but I loved Moonrise Kingdom. Can't really explain why, but I just did. It is beautifully shot, I love the 60s atmostphere, I like the characters a lot, I loved the music...it's a great movie. Rushmore...eh. I liked it, but I wasn't blown away with it like with Moonrise Kingdom.

Rushmore is my number one favorite of Wes Anderson Moonrise Kingdom is at number 2 of Wes Anderson