2001: A Space Odyssey vs. Se7en

8 comments

13 comments

Holy cow! What a match-up.

2001 I think will always be a movie I admire more than I like. Se7en, on the other hand, is one of my all-time favorites.

Admiring and liking. That's very interesting. What are you looking for? A bit of both I guess... Going for 2001 anyway, but both movies are top20-movies.

2001 for now. I need to watch Se7en again.

Se7en is one of the most engaging thrillers I've ever seen. The editing, the cinematography, the soundtrack - everything suits the film's brutal, unique vision. It's technically a flawless movie. The decaying and haunting atmosphere complements its dark social themes. And I still haven't UNDERSTOOD the big deal about 2001. Empty characters, slow and meandering in style, a rather out-of-place sounding score and zero entertainment value make it a major pain to sit through. But it's also a technical marvel, like Se7en. This choice ain't hard though.

I wouldn't call it a major pain to sit through, but 2001: A Space Odyssey is defnitely boring.

no way mang

*a meandering and slow style

Se7en. If you pay close attention it is one of the best movies ever made.

For all the people that complain about 2001's pace and being boring: Se7en was slow as well midway through. The beginning is great and the ending is epic, but the middle portion was somewhat "boring" as you guys put it. With 2001, it was deliberate for the purpose of art. With Se7en, it takes away from the movie simply because Se7en is a THRILLER. No thriller should go 30-45 minutes of dullness. Seriously, other than the beginning and the end, there's nothing remotely memorable in the middle of Se7en. Now, I do love Se7en, but I find it funny that Se7en fans call out 2001 for pace and being boring. 2001 wins easily for me.

I have no qualms with anyone that loves 2001, but it just isn't one of my personal favorites. I'll go with Se7en....

I agree with PiccoloKing. Se7en in a landslide.

2001 may be a classic but i like Se7en more.

"2001: A Space Odyssey" is at least one of the middle two heads on the Mt. Rushmore of great films.

David Fincher wins this one.

Seven is great but 2001 wins it for me

2001 by a much dozen meters...

ear
ear

2 O O l over 7........

Se7en was the more shocking movie, but 2001: A Space Odyssey was a lot better in basically every aspect

I need to rewatch se7en. 2001 for now