2001: A Space Odyssey vs. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

8 comments

11 comments

The Lord of the Rings is simply epic and is my choice. 2001 is still a great sci-fi.

Impossible. No way can I choose. It's the greatest sci-fi vs. the greatest fantasy. Such a quagmire. 2001 is my pick in terms of greatness. However, ROTK is my favorite of the LOTR trilogy and is more entertaining consistently throughout. Notwithstanding, 2001's ending is second to none. Best ending ever captured on film. I stand by that. Ugh... this is too difficult.

2001 is the most revolutionary film directed by arguably the greatest director of all time. It's 2001 in a landslide.

Nevermind! For some reason, I thought it was going up against Fellowship. Return of the King wins.

The only interesting part of 2001 was HAL. Easy win for Return of the King.

Both films are incredible. I was blown away by both, but I'm going to give it to "2001", simply because it blew me away unlike any other film has. Return of the King is a roller-coaster ride of an experience, whilst "2001" is an out-of-body experience, and I think the latter makes the more impact for me.

Return of the King is far more epic.

RotK takes it

LOTR is Legend

Return of the King. (sorry, Kubrick)

Here we have a battle of two of the greatest films ever made. 2001 is a gorgeous and brilliant film, don't get me wrong, but it is weird how the 4hrs and 11mins long The Return of the King has a greater momentum going throughout the entire film than 2001, which is almost half as long. The Return of the King, is in my own opinion, one of the most well paced films ever made. And to make that out of a 4-hour film, is truly an achievement of the highest order.

Return of the King takes it, but I love 2001.

The Battle of Pelennor Fields wins

2001 is long and pretty boring movie

RotK is long and pretty boring movie

RotK takes the W...

ear
ear

I meant Lord of the Rings is far better..

I meant Lord of the Rings is far better..